Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Precursor to Revelry

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was suddenly very apparent that he had misspoken. Or at the very least been too blunt and forwards with his desires. The dream that had built within his mind quickly shattered. It was replaced with venom and hatred. He had very much stirred the hornet's nest within the mare. She had the desert temperament raging within her. It was no wonder the gods had led him this way, seemingly urging him to check on this very mare. It only further convinced him that she was the orchid he required. 

He took a step back, dipping his crown. He did not interrupt her tirade of speech. He would give her the respect to finish her thoughts. To hear the full extent of her anger and passion. Hearing her direction to develop manners he snorted softly then replied “My apologies, I would never snatch nor expect you to imminently believe my experiences. I was overcome with an epiphany on seeing you.” he sighed softly. “It has been a very long time since I have had close social interactions, you are correct. Where are my manners.”  His words were sincere and laced with emotion. He had just made everything worse with his ineptitude. 

This was a lesson, he would need to learn to control how he expresses the overwhelming prophecy he felt within. Perhaps this was their game all along? That the desert gods aimed to smite him, to teach him a lesson. But then they had led him all this way, then seemingly directed his fate to meet the unnamed mare. He felt an overwhelming bubble rise within him, that he needed to explain to her how precious she was to completing the prophecies that had been granted to him. 

“Your experiences with astral planes and gods further convinces me we are fated to meet.  I have seen it in the flickering lights and in the assembly of coals when the fire dies. I can only imagine what you have experienced.” He restrained himself from saying further, realizing he’d already strained her perception of him. He wished he could look into her eyes and simply show her what he felt and had seen. 

The desert gods had often embraced fated meetings, that these were the couplings that resulted in skilled and blessed children. That was what was said about himself, until the day his birth returned his mother to the sands. There were whispers and rumors of a punishment for his mother for one deed or another. But in Jarek’s eyes his mother was pure and it was his fathers vile nature that corrupted their existence.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Precursor to Revelry - by Torielle - 01-29-2022, 07:58 AM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Jarek - 01-29-2022, 08:19 AM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Torielle - 01-29-2022, 08:56 AM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Jarek - 01-29-2022, 07:44 PM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Torielle - 01-30-2022, 01:25 AM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Jarek - 02-02-2022, 10:43 PM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Torielle - 02-04-2022, 01:32 AM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Jarek - 02-04-2022, 08:09 PM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Torielle - 02-05-2022, 08:24 PM
RE: Precursor to Revelry - by Jarek - 02-06-2022, 08:59 AM