Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I've become so numb

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 1
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  17 [Year 494 Summer]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 12  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

At some point he'd lost track of how long and far he'd been walking. He couldn't think of where he was, hell he didn't even know how he'd gotten here. Well, no he did know if he really thought about it. He got to the cliffs the same way he got to anywhere: Auto-pilot. Yes, yes that was it; his terrible habit of just walking forward without a pause. Mannon is fairly certain that it'll one day lead to his death, he'll most likely just tumble off a cliff or down the side of a canyon from a misstep. For a second he wonders if he'd survive a tumble off a cliff? He'd surely survived worse, or at least what he considered worse. Not just worse but a death in and of itself; a long and torturous death that (to him) never seemed to end.

Mannon is drawn out of his own mind, pulled away from the ceaseless torment living in the grooves of his brain, by the sight of something flying. But then the small flying ''something'' landed on the cliff he had been slowly making his way towards. She's landed close enough that he can tell it's some kind of equine, at least he thinks it's something related to an equine. For a moment he's tempted to turn around and leave the shorter mare be, to let the odd beings of this world do whatever it was that they did. At least until Mannon takes note of the ice covering what he would consider her whole body. His ears tip back a bit in thought Should I help? Roheryn...Tell me what to do. Tell me if I should help. It's a cold wind that swirls snow before his nose that he interprets as her saying he should do something. Yes. Yes that's what he'll tell himself, that's how he'll keep her alive. If she can't be with him now than Mannon will simply put her into everything he sees. 

The painted man softly clears his throat, continues climbing up the cliff, and walks around her. He's praying to God he's not intimidating or even scared her. Mannon doesn't stop very close to her but he tries to stop in a way that might block the cold winds from biting at her. Ears tip back in a way that gives away his awkwardness, he's not exactly sure how to tell her that he's not going to hurt her. The only thing he can decide on is the truth. "You're covered in ice and I think your wings are..." He frowns for a moment, thinking while he stares off into the distance. "Fragile? Would that be a good word?" It's clear that he's only noticed the ice on her wings so far but when he turns his head to offer a smile he's startled by the ice on her lashes and face. "Are you okay? I don't think ice is supposed to be on bodies but maybe I'm wrong." He doesn't know what to do, should he back up in case she's supposed to be cold? Should he stand still and try to block the winds? "Please forgive me I'm not sure if you're cold or made of ice and I fear I may have made a mistake trying to help."

"Talk."
NATIVE LANGUAGE, HOVER OVER ME
Thoughts
Amarië

Tags » @Caelum
Voice »
OOC » <3

I, whom loneliness destroys, let silence fall,
drop by drop

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
I've never heard a silence quite so loud as this one.

[Image: dcqriwe-27478854-a64b-4db0-b16a-09f80d76b81e.png]

Messages In This Thread
I've become so numb - by Caelum - 01-29-2022, 08:39 PM
RE: I've become so numb - by Mannon - 01-29-2022, 10:26 PM
RE: I've become so numb - by Caelum - 01-29-2022, 10:57 PM
RE: I've become so numb - by Mannon - 01-30-2022, 12:38 AM
RE: I've become so numb - by Caelum - 01-30-2022, 01:11 AM