Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I've become so numb

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
how can you see into
my eyes like open doors?
leading you down into my core
where i've become so numb

She lands without misstep.

It must be a miracle, even with her eyes cloudy with tears, the water freezing on her face as the tears refuse to be held back. Her gaze sweeps the water. And for a moment she wonders what it may be like to fold her wings and let herself just fall, would she return to Tremaine's side then? There's a rush of heat at her chest. The necklace nearly burning her as if responding to the thought. The soul trapped inside always seemed to know when to jolt Caelum from these dangerous thoughts.

The noise behind her has her stiffen.

A stallion approaches, shifting to stand so he blocks some of the wind from striking at her figure. She lifts her gaze up slowly, chocolate eyes confused from where they stare out of the dark, slightly dished face. The fae cuts her gaze away when she sees he is not looking at her, though her ear flick back when he mentions the state of her wings. Her gaze turns slowly to her back, surveying the damage she hadn't really felt. "They are." She agrees quietly, her muzzle brushing against an edge, careful to not accidentally break part of her wing off. "It will melt at some point." The lack of concern is obvious, even as she shifts her gaze. In that brief moment that practiced mask slides in place so smoothly one would think it authentic.

She smiles, the expression soft and gentle.

The pain is wadded into a clump, tossed into a box she can shove deep in her soul. Out of reach from where it may concern others. She's perfect and poised once again," But I appreciate your consideration, nonetheless." She forgets about thee frozen tears clumping her lashes, stained and frozen in her pelt.

His eyes don't miss them.

His questions are immediately voiced with concern, asking if she's okay. Instantly that smile, practiced for years in the mirrors scattered through out her wing of the now ruined castle, slides back in place. Nothing is wrong. Everything is perfect. Be poised. Be perfect. Hide everything. Only show your best, "I am alright. Lie. "The icy wind must have made by eyes water." Lie. "I apologize if I caused you any concern." Truth. "But I am perfectly alright." Lie.

How easy it is for her to lie.

To hide the turmoil that keeps her heart in a vice like grip. Trey would hate seeing her like this. He preferred her smile, her wild and contagious laughter that promised playful tricks and chaos if he would only ask her to partake. "I am a being of Summer, certainly not made of ice. So I appreciate your care of my rather frozen countenance. I had not truly noticed how could it had gotten, again, I apologize for causing you concern."

She laughs, the sound as controlled as her smile, light and airy.

But fake to those who knew her personally from the youth she had once been, "My name is Caelum, I am from Denocte, a medic to Night Court, so I assure you, I can care for myself once I am ready to journey ho-home." There is a distinct catch in her voice as the word, remembering what it was she was running from in the shop. She forcefully keeps the mask up, refusing to acknowledge the struggle at one small word, nor making any move away from the cliffs, those chocolate eyes back on the water.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Mannon
Notes: <3 he's so sweet!!

without a soul, my spirit's
sleeping somewhere cold
until you find it there and
lead it back home
art by bingo

Messages In This Thread
I've become so numb - by Caelum - 01-29-2022, 08:39 PM
RE: I've become so numb - by Mannon - 01-29-2022, 10:26 PM