Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - I've become so numb

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Briallu [PM] Posts: 4 — Threads: 1
Signos: 0
Dusk Court Citizen
Male [He/Him/His]  |  17 [Year 494 Summer]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 12  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Mannon eyes her carefully, curiosity and sadness mixed in the pale blue. Unlike this little fae before him it's been a long, long while since he showed a brave face for another. The way he watches her is almost like he's inspecting her the way he would have inspected one of his soldiers after battle, he's concerned about her wings. There's a temptation to nose at them but he knows better than to touch another. Partly because he is not ''Mannon The Warrior of Anar'' here and because it's just plain rude in any land. He hums in thought at her wings, brow furrowing slightly because in all honesty he doesn't know what she is. At least not in the common tongue. Mannon closes his eyes in slightly frustration at himself for not knowing it, he probably should given he went wandering outside of Isilme for so long but he's never stopped to ask. When he opens his eyes he's looking at her again with an apologetic face. "Are you a bird mare? In my home we would call you ''dulin er'' and it means bird one since you have wings, maybe it's not the same here though." He's hoping that an explanation for the awkward ''bird mare'' would help ease any offense it may cause if he's wrong about the terms. His pale eyes go from her wings to her face, he notes that she's not concerned about the ice on her wings and it eases the concern he had that they may break like glass.

He's silent while listening to her thank him, explain that she's alright, that the cold wind had made her eyes water, and that she's a creature of summer. That last part confuses him a bit he wouldn't lie, and he's not entirely convinced that she's alright. Mannon is close to saying something, breaking his silence, when she introduces herself, where she is from, and a rank. Quick to note the break in the word ''home'' his ears tip back a bit, a hum from deep in his chest rumbles up while he thinks. When he was younger he didn't think so much on his words but now he does; it was something he had picked up from Roheryn. But, of course, only after she had left the mortal plane did he follow in her steps on ''think before you speak.'' Mannon's ears relax so they are no longer tipped, he turns his head towards the waters, and he takes a deep breath before he speaks. "You have nothing to thank me for Caelum, I have done nothing more than attempt to block the winds out, and to do what anyone should. Lend a hand to another." His head turns to face her again, a great sorrow in his pale eyes that roam over her face turned towards the waters. "I am Mannon, I don't believe I belong to a ''court'' and have no rank." He offers her a smile and then faces the waters as well.

"I have no doubt that you can care for yourself...But if I may be frank Caelum, I don't think that right now you're alright. If anything I suspect you may be something like myself at this moment, and that is alright." Closing his eyes he breathes in deep, filling his lungs with the cold air and then exhales a heavy sigh. "My wife was better at knowing people, better at helping others, she could soothe a soul like it was what she was born to do. She was always like that...all the way to the end even. But me? I was a warrior. I've never been much help in the ways she was. I mainly ''smashed'' my way through life to help others." Opening his own eyes he can feel his own tears well up just a bit and he turns to look at the smaller mare. "If I am wrong, if you...if you are not in a similar pain and the wind truly has frozen your eyes then I am just a silly old man. But little bird mare if I am right then tonight you are not alone in this." Mannon smiles softly, though sad, and finishes his little monologue. "Whatever you feel is alright, I still feel my wife, I hear her in the wind, I see her in the night, and that is alright. That is how I heal, and healing is how we endure."

"Talk."
NATIVE LANGUAGE, HOVER OVER ME
Thoughts
Amarië

Tags » @Caelum
Voice »
OOC » <3

I, whom loneliness destroys, let silence fall,
drop by drop

Mild force & magic permitted within reason
I've never heard a silence quite so loud as this one.

[Image: dcqriwe-27478854-a64b-4db0-b16a-09f80d76b81e.png]

Messages In This Thread
I've become so numb - by Caelum - 01-29-2022, 08:39 PM
RE: I've become so numb - by Mannon - 01-29-2022, 10:26 PM
RE: I've become so numb - by Caelum - 01-29-2022, 10:57 PM
RE: I've become so numb - by Mannon - 01-30-2022, 12:38 AM
RE: I've become so numb - by Caelum - 01-30-2022, 01:11 AM