Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Shall we dance [Private]

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Scapeh [PM] Posts: 65 — Threads: 8
Signos: 675
Dawn Court Scholar
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  8 [Year 502 Fall]  |  16 hh  |  Hth: 16 — Atk: 4 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

TORIELLE

It's only me who wants to wrap around your dreams

The star woman's gesture was returned with joy. Though Torielle had not mentioned it to her friend, the greeting was a common one among her tribe, shared among friends, family and lovers alike. It warmed her when Veil pressed her muzzle lightly to her cheek and the dappled mare mirrored the action. Some part of her knew that one day she may need to inform the nebula that this greeting may not be as well received by others, but she wanted to cherish them for as long as they were given. 

Veil’s touch had been friendly, affectionate, but platonic by all sensible deduction. Torielle’s by comparison lingered, her lips brushing against her friend’s cheek in a way that was far more gentle and left one with the impression she was holding back something. The exchange was brief, a blink and you miss it moment; but to the astute observer, the differences in tone were obvious.  

Bells chimed as the antlered mare nodded in response to the first volley of questions, a light laugh bubbling up from her bodice. “Yes, from what I gather. The Sovereigns are trying to foster better relations with one another and it was thought that a Spring festival would be a glorious way to bring the courts together.” She cast her gaze about the colourful stalls and the several other equines in attendance. 

“It reminds me quite a bit of home, actually,” she said, more as an afterthought before returning her attention to her friend. 

“I promise,” the lyrics held a weight to them, though it was unclear why the dappled mare placed such importance on the statement. “I haven’t been able to dance in an age, and I would love to dance with you.” She gently bumped her muzzle to Veil’s shoulder, a bright smile on her features once she righted herself. 

The scholar laughed once more, this time tossing her head back in amusement. “Veil,” she giggled, “You are far from plain, my dear. You are draped in the cosmos, how much more fancy would you want to be?” The ribbing was good natured, her blue pools sparkling with joy. 

She was already moving towards one of the nearby stalls, one that proclaimed to have several different coloured silks available. A glance down the row revealed several other vendors to be offering jewels of all shapes and sizes, metal work and leather, for body and hair. “Of course I will dress you,” she said. “We shall make you even more magnificent; I bet the Sovereigns will think you are a goddess by the time I’m done with you.” 

"Speech." | @Veil Nebula

art by the-day-of-shadow character by scapeh table by sunny

Messages In This Thread
Shall we dance [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 02-16-2022, 10:13 PM
RE: Shall we dance [Private] - by Torielle - 02-17-2022, 09:53 AM
RE: Shall we dance [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 02-17-2022, 11:52 AM
RE: Shall we dance [Private] - by Torielle - 02-18-2022, 01:20 PM
RE: Shall we dance [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 02-19-2022, 12:03 AM
RE: Shall we dance [Private] - by Torielle - 02-21-2022, 01:17 AM
RE: Shall we dance [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 02-22-2022, 10:46 AM
RE: Shall we dance [Private] - by Torielle - 02-25-2022, 11:27 AM
RE: Shall we dance [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 02-25-2022, 01:25 PM