Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- savage beauties

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Kat [PM] Posts: 146 — Threads: 25
Signos: 77
Vagabond Battlemage
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 498 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 28 — Atk: 32 — Exp: 53  |    Active Magic: Energy Transference  |    Bonded: Fylax (Gryphon)

Immortal
hair streaked with daggers
and iron filling her lungs
each breath invitingly toxic

I leave the quiet, comforting forest behind; leave the rushing, roaring Rapax behind. There are multitudes of tents and booths marking the meadow ahead. I am shocked, somehow, to see the festival, and I am reminded of the last time I had been in Delumine under similar circumstances. I am no longer the woman that I was then. I am wilder, more reminiscent of a caged thing. I enter the meadow like a starving wolf, Fylax just beside me.

The twinge in my chest is inescapable, and I bare my teeth like a cornered dog, pushing down the feeling. Pushing down the reminder. By the time I make my way through the scattered tents and coaches, I have dropped the snarl and composed my face. The only indication of the unrest is the turbulent sea of my eyes. I am reminding myself that it is not night, that there are no glowing flowers like starlight. I am no longer a queen.

I pause at a handful of tables to browse their offerings. There are foods, services and a many other goods to catch the interest of various equines from all ages and walks of life. I walk like a wild cat, muscles flexing smoothly beneath my striped coat, feeling a little overwhelmed by the number of equines here. Life in the mountains had not helped. My shoulder brushes rather unceremoniously with another’s, and I half-turn, an apology on my tongue.

"Speaking." | @Torielle

[Image: 13716916_Rc8f5hGvZkB3cYP.png]
a war is calling
the tides are turned