Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- [AW] Take me by the hand

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
I'm tugging at my hair
I'm pulling at my clothes
I'm tryna keep my cool
I know it shows
The vision before her was painful.

More so than she had been prepared for. All around, colorful tents shimmered into life, vibrant and welcoming, and full of life. The colorful fabrics danced in the wind, welcoming spring. But the scene that brought joy to others tainted her heart with melancholy and remorse. Her eyes drifted shut, sealing those warm chocolate eyes from the world. She could hear the music now, swaying around the entire place, encouraging those of non-fae blood to dance. She could see the mushrooms growing up in a circle around the festivities, as the fabrics of those tents paled into pastels, rather than bold hues. And fae danced through the air, laughing, and fluttering, and free, wild as their hearts, as fun-loving as their nature proclaimed them to be.

Her eyes opened back to the Novus Festivities.

The visions of fae were gone, the mushrooms died in her memory, and she was once more alone, a single fae hiding her true position from the world. The Queen of Summer refused to think on this, and instead she moved her way into the festival, her tail wafting on the slight spring breeze, but the flowers that blossomed at her temple a vibrant purple against the ivory of her mane, the hyacinth vibrant, but for those who could read the story in the flower, it would represent something far more than just a pretty flower. She moved slowly through festivals to the tent that was set aside for her. Her hooves carried her forward, leaving a trail of flowers in her wake: lilies, purple hyacinth, pale gladiolus, small forget-me-nots all growing in a light covering of Chamaecyparis. A beautiful arrangement for the summer fae, but wrote the story of sorrow these festivities filled her heart with.

She only hoped once the masses began to come together, she'd forget the pain.

She approached her shop, before pulling her bags off her back and atop her table, and for a moment her eyes closed before she allowed her magic to rush through her. Vines grew up the poles of her tent, blooming out in an array of bright, colorful flowers, that converged over the top of the tent itself, wrapping around the sign that had been hung advertising 'Fae Gardens Emporium'. Once her quick decorating was done, she got to work lighting the fires, heating the water, and setting out a variety of tea bags, all carefully labeled, and platters of sweet treats made from a less condescend sugar (so she could snack herself without risking everyone else's sanity).

Once her area was set up, the fae looked out, seeing the crowd was denser now.

She nodded her head in greeting to some, others she offered a cup of tea too, or wrapped a sweet treat for a happy foal, all while smiling, despite the hyacinths that continued to grow around her temple, shedding purple petals with her every movement. Finally, enough time had passed, she set up a simple sign that stated to others to 'help themselves to a cup of tea' with small business cards of where they could go for more of the delicious tea and snacks. Stepping away from her booth, the fae wove her way through stalls, greeting others warmly when she saw familiar vendors, pausing long enough to drop off a snack and drink for Gareth and his Saurian companion at the medic tent he was running with a playful wink, before continuing along her way, weaving a path that continued to dot the landscape with an abundance of flowers, looking for anything to distract her heart from the pain of the past that wanted to swallow her alive.

Festivities were the life of the fae.

And she had always hated celebrating alone.

"Speech"
Thoughts
Open to Any
Notes: Cael is distracting herself <3

I'm staring at my feet
My cheeks are turning red
I'm searching for the words inside my head
art by bingo