Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz)

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world

Veil had just a hard time believing what her own eyes told her. Evem as she slowly watched the mare turn, she still just couldn't believe it was really her. Veil blinked once or twice, half afraid she'd open her eyes to see her gone, a mere figment. There's pain in her chest, unsettling, and bubbling. A subtle boil of fear and apprehension. But she ignores it to embrace the friend she has been missing for so long, hugging onto the taller mare with a desperateness that foretold of her fear she would disappear again.

She finally feels the embrace return, pulling her tighter, before they released, and she stepped back. She frowns to here that Jane isn't sure how long she will be about, but that pain doubles in her chest when she hears that word, husband, of them living elsewhere. Veil looks away when she mentioned sending a message . . . unwilling to listen to what she already assumed would have been a lie. Did Jane truly forget about her? Had that been what had happened? Now she was married, living in Delumine. Congratulations on your marriage." The words feel hollow, unfamiliar, and suddenly Veil wishes she was pressed to Tori's side, with her gentle voice, reassuring eyes to calm her down. Where the chiming of those bells tangled in her antlers would chase her fears away.

At least the swirling emotions in her belly when she was with Tori felt light than this cold chill that was now encompassing her body. But still Veil put on her best smile, tilting her head, Well, I'm glad things are working out for you then. And then she blanks. Is she here for just the festival. Veil pauses, hesitating, She spends her time between so many places, but with out a place of her own, truly, and it's never more obvious in that time. A star passing through the night, momentarily brightening the world, before gone and a memory.

Was that what she was destined to be now, for Jane. A memory of a previous time, when it was them against the world. Battling to prove themselves, that they didn't need anyone . . . and now Jane was dressed in finery, with a husband, and Veil never felt so small. The slight shake of her head brings her attention to the sound of the crystals, the bells that have been woven into her mane with the assistance of Tori, and she's reminded she's not as alone as she things. So she smiles instead, I am spending the festival with Torielle, a friend. Her gaze travels to the dappled mare, talking with the stallion, and in that moment the star frowns, But she had to meet with someone . . . So I'm exploring on my own for a bit. But I've become fairly nomadic these days. Going where the universe guides me. She adds with a small smile. It sounds better than 'I'm homeless, because I couldn't afford our apartment by myself.' Instead she simply smiles, and adds, But I do spend a number of hours up at Veneror Peak, or in the libraries with Tori.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Jane 
Notes:: <3
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-22-2022, 11:47 AM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-23-2022, 06:21 AM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Veil Nebula - 02-23-2022, 02:58 PM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-23-2022, 07:22 PM