Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world

Veil was struggling, if she was being honest. Her chest, her stomach, her mind was a mess of chaos. Chaos about what she should feel, should experience, should accept. And yet she couldn't resist the touch of a friend who she had thought was to be so much more than that to her. A sister, family, together against the world. And now, it was something so much different. Now she felt like she was trying to greet a stranger. Jane's whisper had the star awkwardly smiling, dipping her head the affirmative. I am. She agreed quietly, hesitating, knowing this had been something they had intended to accomplish together. The apology was like sandpaper on open wounds, but Veil smiled through it none the less, Don't worry, you had things to accomplish . . . and I found friends to assist me. And ultimately, my voice, my speech was present all a long, it just took me recognizing who I was, despite feeling out of place for so long.

Even now she wanted to protect Jane from heart ache. The female did not sound happy however, not truly when she spoke. But the way she said, it sent awkward chills down the star's spine. This was the conversation between strangers. 'How are you' 'I am fine' 'Congratulations, you're married now.' 'Thank you, we are happy.' 'Have a good day.' 'You too.' Was this what the friendship, their relationship had come to now - the awkward, difficult conversations of strangers, ships passing through the night with little more than a blared horn in greeting. I'm glad. the celestial woman whispered around her dry throat.

The name of softness, and warmth, and dappled skin and light touches filled her mind, settled her heart gently, as she glanced towards the mare speaking with . . . that beast. Perhaps it was a good think Jane had approached her, distracting her from the interactions Tori was having with the stallion the universe was frowning at. That Mars sneered at. That the stars disaligned for. The whispers of her brethern in the back of her mind spoke of worry, concern, echoing her desire to ram her way between the two. Torielle is wonderful. She agrees, turning her attention back to Jane, smiling past the awkwardness that was mixing with poison in her belly. She has been helping me adjust to the mortal realm, to be less . . . celestial being, and more easily assimilating with the equine species. The star tries not to flinch, hearing how those words came out, came to be. Sister, do you intend to keep such awkward interactions alive? Sister, be calm, Sister, lower your energy. Sister, it will be okay. Whispers of other stars settling her heart, echoing in the back of her mind. Always watching, always present nowadays.

She had missed that about the universe, how they were all interconnected. Veil looks at Jane as she spoke of trying to send money back, of her life being different now. Of being parts of the court, talking to other wives - of royalty and scandal. She speaks of the husband, of Isaar, a diplomat on a mission in Novus. That they'll be around a while, of the time it would take to get to know those who call this land home. Veil's gaze had dropped again, swallowing hard. Jane's new family . . . did it even have room for her, did she still have a place in her sister's heart? Veil lightens her gaze, lifting her head and smiling gently, ears perking slightly, Torielle lives here, in Delumine. I am not very familiar with all the land has to offer, but I should be happy to point out of the well known locations, the library, where Queen Callynite tends to frequent. She offers instead, as if she were just the hired help to a grand lady.

What place did she have to squeeze back into Jane's life. She was a lady of the courts now, the wife of a diplomat. Veil was a nomadic monk, travelling between the mountains, Delumine; and anywhere she might feel drawing her attention. Beside the mare now, she felt out of place, in silk and satin scarves, and bells and crystals, like a nomadic gypsy, wild and free. Where she had felt like she easily could stand next to Torielle, who wore her own grand assortment of bells that chimed with each step, she felt like a peasant, even if a colorful one, next to the woman draped in mink and velvet, as if she had a status to show off in appearance alone.

Then the olive branch is offered, and in that moment Veil wants nothing more than to grasp it, to hold onto it tightly. She nods, a small smile, That would be lovely. Come, one of the Night medics is offering coffee and tea, and I've yet to find anyone whose wears are better. She offers, leading the way to the Night Court fae, whose table was busy, but a never ending supply of teas, coffees and pastries were on display. Veil motions Jane forward, walking through the crowds with out hesitation, smiling kindly to Caelum, as the fae asked what they would like, A fruity tea, what ever you have that is sweet. And one of the cheese and berry pastries. My friend here is paying. The star says, a hint of a playful smile towards Jane, motioning for her to put her order in, before nodding to a cleared spot beneath a tree, blankets and pillows laid out for those who need a rest, shaded from the sun, We can sit beneath the tree there, perhaps . . . If that is alright with you? Close enough to keep an eye on Tori, in case the universe screamed for an intervention, far enough away that both conversations could be kept separated, and Veil could focus on Jane

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Jane 
Notes:: <3
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-22-2022, 11:47 AM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-23-2022, 06:21 AM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-23-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Veil Nebula - 02-24-2022, 06:36 PM