Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz)

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world

If I was being honest with myself, this entire situation made me feel weird. My stomach seemed to flip flop and rise up into my throat. It felt like all the universe was trying to shove itself into my body, but with no success. Just a mess of weight that made me feel sick, and wanting to hide in a corner. I just couldn't fathom where this was supposed to go, what I was supposed to do here. Staring with my once friend, my once sister before me; I wondered if I even knew her anymore. Did she know me? Where we nothing more than strangers that once knew one another. I had always assumed that when I found her again, when Jane would come home, it would be a touching reunion. My eyes would leak with joy, and I would embrace her, and show her off to all my friends and it would be normal, and happy, and right . . . My sister, my first sense of family; would finally come home.

How odd to imagine that now I wondered if she would disappear from my life and we would be passing stars in the expanse of space. Close enough to feel the heat of the other, but strangers that hardly spare a glance. A meteor striking through my world, briefly lighting up my sky with a familiar sense of home, and then gone for the next hundred thousands of years.
The star felt so out of place, that it continued to just feel worse. Like a black hole was opening up in her chest and threatening to consume her, all awkward, uncomfortable and uncertain for just how this reunion would conclude.

But this, this was even worse. Because she wasn't the only one awkward, and from what her magic was telling her, Jane was so filled with revulsion, that it pained Veil to the core. It's hard to work out the emotional cues her magic informs her others are feeling, but she knew in her heart that revulsion wasn't pointed her way . . . which meant the one Jane was so disgusted by . . . . Jane's smile looked wrong, but even with her gaze turning towards Tori, Veil felt the desire to pull Jane into a hug. She blinks at the thought of someone killing someone for her. Of course, she's a very good friend. She does her best to assist me in understanding this world. Why would she ever do anything bad to me? For a brief moment the naive star who still was unfamiliar to the world, and the way relationships worked broke through, so obviously unaware of what made her star shine brighter around Tori, what made the butterflies flutter, what made the world so beautiful to her.

But still, Veil forced herself to assist, to offer her help to another, a desperate plea to promise more time out of Jane, a chance to rebuild, a chance to fix this broken familial tie they had developed. But at Jane's reaction, Veil felt her star sputter in her chest, a rush of ice run through her body as she worried if that break of please was a decision not to spend time with her. Her words were the opposite, and she pauses, reaching towards Jane, before hesitating, swallowing hard, Of course. Any time you need my assistance, I will be happy to help. She stated quietly, before walking towards a tea shop, taking her drink, leading the way to the tree, and laying down, Jane . . . Her voice trails off suddenly, and this time, there is a glimmer of wetness in her eyes.

Jane, we . . . we are still friends, family - aren't we? This . . . this isn't how it's going to be? The words came in a rush, as the star seemed to fold in on herself, the stardust seeming to drop off to the barest minimum of shedding as she stares down at the ground, You're . . . you're my sister, my first friend . . . She looks up, those pink galactic eyes focusing on Jane, unshed tears welled up, Please, please don't treat me like a stranger. Please. She asked quietly, her expression almost desperate in this sudden fear to make sure this wasn't how it would be forever. Her muzzle reaches out, hesitating before she presses her forehead against Jane's, eyes squeezing shut to keep the tremble that threatened to reveal itself. You're the first person on this planet to take the time to help me, get to know me. I may have other friends now, but we're family Jane . . . and I don't want to give that . . . give you up. Can we please work through this?

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Jane 
Notes:: Veil broke <3
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-22-2022, 11:47 AM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-23-2022, 06:21 AM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-23-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-24-2022, 07:03 PM