Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz)

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline wild / jet [PM] Posts: 85 — Threads: 12
Signos: 1,300
Day Court Scholar
Female [she/her]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  18.3 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 28  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

art by vivihal
Jane
Jane had thrown everything away without a second thought, and yet Veil took her back at once. It nearly made Jane hate herself more, feeling that she was robbing Veil of something precious. Surely, she didn’t understand. Surely, she didn’t grasp the weight of Jane’s actions. But didn’t she? Even as Jane tried to convince herself that she was unforgivable, Veil was grasping her and explaining and oh- it was so good to hear Veil’s voice. She hadn’t said a lot when they were together, and yet Veil’s voice was distinctly recognisable.

A dark wing pulled Jane closer, and Jane finally gave in to the desire to press against Veil’s coat. The darkness was warm and tender, like a mother’s arm. Something Jane hadn’t had in a long time- her mother had rarely extended affection to her daughter, so that she barely remembered what her mother’s embrace had felt like. Jane whimpered and pressed closer.

And then Veil said that she, too, had tried to go home. That she had jumped. And it was like a warm muzzle against Jane’s heart that filled her with the sense of relief. Slowly, weight began to slide from her shoulders. She looked at Veil through amber-dark eyes; worrying her lower lip. “I would have missed you. You are the best friend I ever had.

Jane listened to her sister speak of her children, listened to her name that all was not lost. And perhaps Veil was right, that an adopted child would be just as worthy for her family as anyone else. And yet, Jane knew that her family had chosen this path for her with the knowledge that anything that came to her parentage would not be part of their family. They would never accept her child.

“I’ve been lonely for my entire life, except for when I have been with you.” 

tagged; @Veil Nebula

i've never felt more alone
it feels so scary getting old

[/b]

Messages In This Thread
The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-22-2022, 11:47 AM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-23-2022, 06:21 AM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-23-2022, 07:22 PM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-24-2022, 07:03 PM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-25-2022, 12:46 PM
RE: The Winds of Change (veil/dyzz) - by Jane - 02-26-2022, 07:33 PM