Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- twisty snaking thing (vreis)

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 2
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

v r e i s

jealousy, turning saints into the sea
swimming through sick lullabies, chocking on your alibis
but it's just the price i pay, destiny is calling me
open up my eager eyes, 'cause i'm mr. brightside

She seemed to be determined to cast him into the role of the bad guy. One part of him was eager to play that role. To sink his teeth in so deep, she forgot her own name and fell victim to his power, his dominance, his control. But the other part of him, the part that curbed the majority of these temptations until his anger was struck kept his tone softer, kept his actions and impulses pure. So even as he stood to attention, even as he shifted to let her gaze, saw that smile, it was less out of a need to be imposing, and more out of instinct when being looked over. Stand to attention, hold proud, let them see no weakness.

She didn't run, however, instead she tilted her head, declaring her husband had business, what meeting with someone, and calling him out for not saying such things to a married woman, going so far as to declare no one would dare say such things to a married woman. Her tone was amused, even as her gaze attempted to drill into him. He merely grinned, a charming smile, a playful look in onyx eyes, "Perhaps those others where merely to shy to tell a woman when she aught to be adored?" He purred playfully, before his smile turned more sincere, "Honestly, it was not my intentions to insult, merely a shock that your husband would not be closer to your side, My Lady." In that moment, the knight came through, as the tall beast bowed his head, the angle of his muzzle as it brushed against his chest. In another time, in another station, metal gleaming off of armor would have reflected the sunlight. His youthful, boyish grin having not yet been tempered by the betrayal of his king.

Now, however, that knight struggled to claw his way out of the crushing weight of power, or expectations, of corruption that weighed down his soul as if he were nothing more than the bad guy everyone was seeing him to be. With great power came great responsibility, but also came preparation to hold up that power. Vreis did not have that preparation and he had begun to crumble beneath the weight of the power, the responsibility, the expectations so long ago. So he didn't pause in his playful antics, mischievous, as much as he was determined to see her grin, to see her brighten up, so her eyes would stop raining, so her smile would be less brittle. She scoffs, to which he grins brighter, "My intentions are pure miss, I told you when I approached, I'm here to simply make you smile. Considering you call out my intentions with a grin, I suspect I am succeeding." His gaze softened, more earnest in that moment, "A brittle smile hides a crying heart, I suspect yours has been crying for a long time . . . you'll have to forgive me for wanting to lighten your mood during a festival such as this." He chuckles then, as she asks for his name - a name he had offered as soon as he had approached, no less, "My Lady! You insult me, have you forgotten my name so quickly upon my arrival. I suppose I am devilishly handsome," He teases with a wink, "I cannot fault you for an idled brain when confronted with a being like myself." He smiles, all playful, and charming, and trying to encourage a laugh from her now that he had won himself a grin, "Vreis, My Lady, at your service." And again, came that sincere bow, even as he kept those dark coal eyes focused on her, and that tantalizingly boyish grin on his face. He didn't know for sure what his own end game was, but he'd be the first to admit to finding the exchange a delight already.

Who knew Novus had such . . . delicacies on display.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Jane
Notes: Still figuring out much of his personality :D

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Jane - 02-22-2022, 12:36 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Vreis - 02-23-2022, 02:20 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Jane - 02-23-2022, 07:43 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Vreis - 02-24-2022, 11:47 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Jane - 02-25-2022, 04:42 AM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Vreis - 02-25-2022, 12:35 PM