Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- twisty snaking thing (vreis)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 2
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

v r e i s

jealousy, turning saints into the sea
swimming through sick lullabies, chocking on your alibis
but it's just the price i pay, destiny is calling me
open up my eager eyes, 'cause i'm mr. brightside

It was true that Vreis was not your normal stallion, he could be both honorable, and despicable at the same time, acting on one influence even while the other plotted in the background of his minds. He was just always watching, always wondering, still so addicted to the lust of power, he hadn't been able to shake that corruption yet - hadn't realized the damage it was doing to the good knight he had once been. And yet, even now, talking to a married woman, he couldn't help but play, help but flirt, help but tease. What should have been an immediate back pedal had turned into a game of wits and who could hold out the longest. A gauntlet had been thrown and she met the game with eager embrace.

So the stallion didn't bat an eye at playing back. The ball being served from one side to the other, eagerly waiting for the other to fumble. But, Vreis also was careful about a distance, was careful to make sure that he didn't encroach to fully. He kept the game safe, he kept it simple, he avoided pushing where she might pull back. When you reel in a fish, you do it with a steady, smooth hand, you wait until they're close enough to catch before you yank them into you. And whether the pretty golden vined mare knew it or not, Vreis was starting to set his eyes on a new catch.

Then she asks something that pauses him. His blood runs cold at the question, his features lose their joy, and take on a steely expression, "I cannot imagine how things may be different here, but from the lands I come from, it is unusual for any woman to be by herself. But I come from a land where conspiracy and accusations run high, and we protect those we care for: wives, sisters, mothers and friends; with everything we have." He admits earnestly, before shaking his head, to dispel the ice he felt running through his veins. He offered a smile, trying to warm his own blood and soothe any concerns she may have felt from his less than reassuring words, "But from what I have seen of Novus, perhaps you are correct in their being a lack of concern on a woman being left on her own." He added with a chuckle, "Forgive the way I was raised affecting my concerns. It's hard to break old molds." The night added with a chuckle.

He did have to admit to his concerns for her mood however, her words declaring him deserving of thanks, and he chuckles, even as she is analyzing him, "I do not believe I should be thanked for being a decent being and concerning myself with the welfare of another, do you? When we start thanking individuals for their concern, we make it optional for it to be expressed. I believe fully in caring about the welfare and livelihood of another being a vital importance, don't you?" He asked with an easy grin, the last of that ice gone from his veins, "But, I do hope your heart is lightening, at least, and I'm not simply making it worse." He added, a playful wink.

But she doesn't give in to his teasing, she doesn't laugh, it's as if the battle is on. He grins at her questioning, and he raises himself into a proud stance, "Vreis, meaning he is strong in arms. Fitting for a former knight, do you not agree?" He offered before tilting his head at her, eyes twinkling, "I promise, they are rather strong, if you ever need someone that's not your husband to hold you." He adds with a playful dramatic grin, "I certainly have no qualms with the idea of embracing a gorgeous female, that's for certain." He adds, before his voice softens again, "More importantly, I suppose I should ask, what is it that troubles you so, that even your smiles can feel so hollow?" That earnest tone re-enters his voice, "Is there anything troubling you, anything I can assist with?" The way she speaks of her husband shows it's not abuse of a physical kind, perhaps issues with another relation, or of another sort. "Should you ever need help, I'll happily be an ivory knight and save the day." The master manipulator adds with a gentle and reassuring grin.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Jane
Notes: I still don't know how earnest he actually is, and how much of this is just seeing what he can get from her. The knight and the manipulator circle each other so well, sometimes its hard for even me to see where one ends and the other begins.

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Jane - 02-22-2022, 12:36 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Vreis - 02-23-2022, 02:20 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Jane - 02-23-2022, 07:43 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Vreis - 02-24-2022, 11:47 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Jane - 02-25-2022, 04:42 AM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Vreis - 02-25-2022, 12:35 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Jane - 02-25-2022, 01:12 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Vreis - 02-25-2022, 02:31 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Jane - 02-26-2022, 08:12 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Vreis - 02-28-2022, 12:00 AM