Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- twisty snaking thing (vreis)

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 2
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

v r e i s

jealousy, turning saints into the sea
swimming through sick lullabies, chocking on your alibis
but it's just the price i pay, destiny is calling me
open up my eager eyes, 'cause i'm mr. brightside

There were times when Vreis could see an entire map in front of him, of relationships to encourage, for actions to make. Like a battleplan on the board, he knew which pieces to push forward, and which pieces to pull back to award himself victory. He read these same cues into conversations fairly well. He could see the tells in the face, read the tones in the voice, note the body language and adjust his commentary accordingly to encourage his preferred outcome. Unfortunately, in situations like this, he wasn't sure what his preferred outcome is. Jane was gorgeous, that much was sure. And perhaps with a little bit of angling, he could sneak her out from under this husband of hers, if but for a night. But beyond that? Well, they say cards fall where they may, and he was tempted to blow the house down and see what they end up saying.

So he encouraged, he played, he volleyed that ball right back into her court, a constant power struggle to see who was in charge, when both were giving in equally, both were engaging, both were encouraging. She might scoff, she might challenge, but she stayed, and in staying, she would only encourage the knight more. And in the back of his mind, that part of him silently plotted. Then she asked about the way women were treated around here, and it was like ice running through his veins. So briefly he could see her face, begging him for mercy, begging him to let her go, to let her escape. That she would never show her face again. Begging him in the name of their time together, their love for each other, even as he led one of his mares, one of his beloved to his king, turning her in for witchcraft, for magic.

The ball had dropped on him however, scarred and exiled, accused for treason against the crown, conspiracy, and aiding a magic user. It had fractured a part of him deep inside, that resentment, that rage, that betrayal manifesting into something full of hate and despair. It fed on those negative feelings, and when it reared it's ugly head, it always turned the knight into something so much more dangerous. She then tells him she won't forgive him, as he's done nothing wrong, and the last of the ice that had flooded his veins melted as he grinned, charming but grateful, the beast sedated for the moment, "Considering I believe you capable of flaying me with your words alone, my Lady; I have no doubt on your capabilities to handle yourself." He replies with a playful wink, grinning easily, "Of course, I'm sure if you were to ask with those vibrant eyes of yours so pleasing, I'd willingly hand over the knife myself for you to skin me." He teased, the ice fading, returning to himself.

She then questions on if he were shameless, flirting to obviously where all of Novus could here. She steps closer even, asking what makes him believe she would talk to him about her issues, what makes him so worthy to carry those demons. He raises a brow, accepting the challenging and taking the steps forward, his chest pressing against hers, as his muzzle lowers to her ear, "My lady, in case you're not aware, you're just encouraging me so shamelessly out in the open." He teased, before lifting his head, his lips toying with a strand of her hair, his gaze locked on hers, as he lets the lock fall until it bounces against her neck. He shifts back, circling around her, "I don't think it's a case of if I believe I'm worthy of your demons . . . " He muses, and his muzzle shifts, tracing those golden vine works around her body as he circles around her, "I think it's a case of you attempting to decide if you really want to tell me. I never once accused you of having marital issues, merely stating my surprise your husband wasn't with you . . ."

He drops his face, so his head is even to hers, as he comes to her front again, "So tell me, my Lady;Are you so accusatory because you're against my presence, or is it because you're against your own reaction to it. I can assure you. I won't judge you for your demons, if that is your concern. I have my own as well, after all. No one gets through life with out them. The question really is, why are you still questioning me, even as you move closer, as you flirt back, coy and beautiful you may be, my lady. But what is it you fear by . . . giving into a little temptation . . . " He chuckles, his gaze darkening, his smile turning a little more sensational, as his gaze roams her body, "I think temptation right now could be a very fun thing to give into . . . Don't you agree, Jane?" He whispered, her name slipping from his muzzle like it was the sweetest of fruits he'd ever been allowed to taste.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Jane
Notes: <3

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Jane - 02-22-2022, 12:36 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Vreis - 02-23-2022, 02:20 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Jane - 02-23-2022, 07:43 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Vreis - 02-24-2022, 11:47 PM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Jane - 02-25-2022, 04:42 AM
RE: twisty snaking thing (vreis) - by Vreis - 02-25-2022, 12:35 PM