Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- [P] A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 18 — Threads: 2
Signos: 15
Inactive Character

v r e i s

jealousy, turning saints into the sea
swimming through sick lullabies, chocking on your alibis
but it's just the price i pay, destiny is calling me
open up my eager eyes, 'cause i'm mr. brightside

The atrocity that was this stallion's behavior was alarming. Vreis had been watching it from some time, the way the pretty dappled, veiled creature had seemed to want to run away, the way she had behaved. That poor man was NOT winning any brownie points with her. In fact, he was falling apart SO quickly, he was surprised she hadn't slapped him and ran away. But finally she did seem to give up, make an excuse. He could see the panic in her eye however, looking around, clearly not seeing the support she was searching for. Which meant now was as good of a time as any. The stallion paused, before turning in her direction, clearing his throat when he approached, expression gentle, concerned, his onyx eyes shining with compassion, "Forgive my intrusion miss, but I couldn't help but notice that . . . . interaction with the tall, pebbled fellow. Are you alright?" The knight was concerned, instincts budding up to offer her reassurances, even while in the back of the mind, the corrupted rebel leader was pondering on how he could turn this in his direction.

"I promise, I'm not out to shower you with uncalled for gifts, and force my attentions upon you. I'm just a knight passing through, who can't help but want to help protect a lady in distress." He adds, a touch of earnest to his tone, trying to keep her from assuming the worst on his approach, quickly dropping his head, "You can call me Vreis, I'm afraid my full name carries no weight in this world. Do you have a name I can call you by?" He had been close enough to here her pause, and having come from a world that feared magic, he knew the power behind a name, and had already altered his interactions accordingly, to soothe the peace, "Can I treat you to a tea, just long enough to see if that stallion loses focus on you? I'd hate to leave you alone, for him to approach again. There is many a merchant selling alcohol, and as a stallion myself, I am well aware of what alcohol can do to a mind. I promise to keep my muzzle to myself, and let you lead the conversation as well." He adds, still making sure to keep the space he had given her when he'd stopped a distance away, enough room for her to safely bolt away from him (if you ignore how fast he could move if he truly chose). 

He grins then, youthful, boyish, and playful, "Though, I won't be shy to admit not minding sharing company with a pretty mare," He adds, his tone playful, light, winking to try and pull a smile from her, to see her relax, to see her loosen up, "Being a body guard until you feel certain that stallion won't encroach upon your person will certainly be no hardship to me. Pick a place, and place for a drink, or a meal; and I'll pay. If you would rather I leave, just say the word, and I'll be happy to do that as well." He promised, dipping his head towards her, waiting from that distance away for her to make the decision, all while keeping that friendly, boyish and charming smile upon his muzzle.

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Torielle
Notes: He's trying to be upfront about his purpose for approaching, while also trying to get her to relax by teasing her a bit. Fingers crossed he is playing his hand right haha, and will help her see stallions are awkward, not bad :P

Artwork © Bingo

Messages In This Thread
[P] A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do - by Vreis - 02-25-2022, 12:46 PM