Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Shooting Stars [Private]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
The star wasn't hesitant about staring down this massive stallion.

He may look alarming with his size, with his rocky and ore appearance - as if gems themselves had fused with his body - a mess of stone, and mineral. But for Tori, Veil would silence her own connection to the stars. So she tilted her head, and she questioned the man. He speaks after a moment, telling her of how Tori had left in a direction he indicated, a short period after they had spoken. That she had mentioned meeting someone and being in a rush.

Veil's frown deepened immediately.

She should have come to me, to find me upon concluding her talk with you. The star states simply with a frown and small sigh, her gaze turning away, looking in the direction he indicated. She should have come across me from where I was speaking to a friend with tea and snacks - waiting for her return. She blinks, looking back at him when he asks her what she prefers to be called by, even as he gives her his actual name. Veil seems to pause, her gaze searching him over slowly.

In that moment the universe was judging him.

Mars frowns upon you, Jarek. It waits for the war you will bring to the hearts of those you will touch. Whether they fight for you, or against you; only you shall decide. In that moment, the star was speaking to him directly as a conduit for the heavens. The Universe does not take kindly to your assumptions on what it intends for you. She adds, her eyes narrowing. The stars are not to be trifled with, as an excuse for predatory, possessive behaviors. Only then does she give her name.

I am The Veil Nebula. And Torielle is my dearest friend.

It was a warning. She wouldn't deny it, even as the universe seemed to continue to eye and watch and judge him. At his concern for Torielle, however, she relaxes slightly, before her eyes close. Instantly the stars come alive in her mind, whispering and filly her with senses and emotions. Rapid heart flutters, nervousness, agitation, and concern. I am sure she is fine. She says after a moment, before looking up at the man again, her muzzle dipping in acknowledgement, She is the dearest person to me. She agrees, before shaking her head, No, there is no need to search for her. I have faith when she is ready to come from what ever hole she has hidden herself in, she will find me.

Those emotions swirl, reassuring her of Tori's condition.

She is fine, if not . . . concerned still. Like a fawn looking over their shoulder for a hunter. But not being hunted. Cautious. But . . . getting better. She feels like a weight has lifted from her chest, If she is in danger, the universe will not hesitate to inform me. She adds, I am precious to the universe, a child lost from it's fold. It would not intentionally hurt me by keeping me un-informed to the wellbeing of one so precious to me.

She returns to eye him again, and that sense of judging comes back.

You are correct you do not know her well. But you wish to place her upon a pedestal of your own creation. Do not be foolish to think you can know the fates decision based on your lack of perceived knowledge on the intention of the divine. Take from a star, and a monk. There are forces in this world you shall never be privy to. And deciding for yourself what is meant to be will do nothing but cause pain and suffrage for all involved. And I will not tolerate your attempts to possess someone so important to me. You put to much weight into your own opinions, and claim it divine prophecy. As a prophet, I will not stand for you to twist Torielle's heads with your false prophecies." She gentles her gaze, and her smile returns, the stars trapped in her rose-hued eyes gentling considerably.

You would only be hurting her, and yourself.

She doesn't hesitate, her nature being one to gentle and aid others, her muzzle touching his neck gently, You search for a reason, but do not confuse lust with intervention. It will only end in pain and suffrage for those involved. If you wish for a true message, I can always take you to the peak of Veneror Mountain, so you may see upon the Gods who govern Novus, so you may meditate on what they may have planned for you, Jarek of the Desert People. The star whispers gently, before pulling back and away from him, But please stop trying to find justification for your actions in the universe. The universe doesn't not work like that. And it displeases it for you to claim personalized connections when you can never truly understand just what the universe acts as.

She just hoped she could help.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Jarek
Notes::
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-02-2022, 07:26 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-02-2022, 08:00 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-05-2022, 02:47 PM