Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Shooting Stars [Private]

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He listened to her speech carefully. The words came thick and heavy, applying weight to his mind. He felt somewhat trapped in these accusations, as she spoke them - they seemed reasonable. His mind fluttered in circles trying to digest what was being said. He stood silently and listened to her words. If his visions were incorrect, or worse yet misguiding; what were the source of them? Was he being tormented by something darker?

Jarek was intensely distrustful of most things, he also found that the spirits could be cruel at times. That they were both taunting and guiding. He had never had the experience of another just laying things out so clearly. How did this mare know so much about him? Clearly Torielle and her had been speaking. But it struck deeper than that. She spoke of the universe and its desires.  The gods of Novus he wasn’t familiar with, they didn’t whisper to him or guide him. 

The intervention from his desert gods had felt so divine and fated. Perhaps they were better phrased as devils if this creature in front of him was to be believed. Continuing to stand in silence he stared into the middle ground as his mind churned and tossed. It was a lot to take in. If this lady he now knew to be called the Veil Nebula was correct he had been wrong on so many issues. He couldn’t find the words to speak, overwhelmed with both grief and terror. 

His entire world had been built around his religious understanding. This new information did fill some holes in his understanding. It made sense as to perhaps why the whispers had started to feel more distant on arriving here. Why would they urge him to Novus and then seemingly lose their connection to him? He felt abandoned and hollow. 

“I see.” He replied softly to her comment that he would only cause harm. He had never wished to hurt Torielle, he had sought a life of meaning with her, to provide for her and protect her. Clearly this was misguided. He wanted to show the Prophet the things he had seen and felt. That perhaps she would understand how enduringly convincing it all had felt. That the whispers in the flickering firelight and the visions weren’t something he had fabricated, but was something he had experienced. “If not the universe, then who speaks to me? Who drives these visions and senses in my mind” He directed the question not only towards Veil, but also towards life itself. 

Torielle seemed to trust and like Veil, so he felt inclined to believe what he was told. She seemed to have an open heart and be trustworthy. The rising panic within him made his heart flutter, this entire experience was terrifying.  It was any wonder Torielle had wanted nothing to do with him. Could Torielle see so deeply into his faults as Veil could? Could they pull back the layers of his mind, and see his failure?

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-02-2022, 07:26 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-02-2022, 08:00 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-05-2022, 02:47 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-05-2022, 11:57 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-06-2022, 11:34 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-07-2022, 12:09 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-07-2022, 02:06 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-08-2022, 08:19 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-08-2022, 11:00 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-08-2022, 02:22 PM