Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Shooting Stars [Private]

Users browsing this thread: 4 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
She had disturbed his mind.

She could feel the shift in the air, the emotions fed to her through the bond she had with the very magic that created the world. The very claim the universe took to everything. Always eager to assist her, always eager to cater to her. It filled her belly with the sense of weight, as if she was being dragged beneath the waters, her head barely kept above water. As if her mind was becoming clouded. Her world becoming senseless. Unsteady hooves on a thin sheet of ice, begging it not crack and send her to the depths. She reaches towards him, her expression concerned. She moves without hesitation, her muzzle alighting against his neck, as high up as the small creature could reach - for she had to acknowledge she was small next to him, Hush, you are weighing to much of your own self worth on what you have rewritten desire into fact. It is okay to be uncertain, to not know how to move forward. But the recklessness you embrace so willingly cannot continue.

Her voice is soothing, and light, and as she pulls her muzzle back, she offers a smile.

It is kind, filled with warmth and wisdom, and the softness the star woman was known for. She shakes her head, the small chiming of her bells not unlike Torielle's chiming antlers. A part of her fears the end of this event, when she would have to return the garments . . . It's a silent acknowledgment that she should speak upon purchasing her new garb, the monetary distraction meant to give him a moment to find his own balance once again. Still, she doesn't move far from him, ready to soothe his turmoil again if he looked like he was about to descend. She hoped her words, her actions would help. Help him. Help Tori. Help all involved in the mess that was the stallion chasing a false prophecy. With creatures that sung their expectations, hidden behind sand so he could not see the wrath in their gazes. If I may be so bold, the star starts, Why do you follow your desert gods that seem to reap reward from your own destruction. Her concern was palatable.

Her muzzle twisted into a small frown, her eyes watching with concern.

Forlorn even in the knowledge that his destiny would always be his to control - but those that whispered their guidance seemed fit to lead him into a tale of despair, war, hate, and death. For surely, that would be the end to this saga at its current rate. This stallion who would ignore the ways of Novus. You are no longer in the Desert, and the gods you follow have no sway in these lands. Tempus and his children watch over those in this world, and regardless of if you follow a court, or not; I do not believe they would forsake you if you ask for their guidance as well. She smiles warmly, I claim no court, and the staff in my chest feels like it is overfilled with their love when I bow before their temples. Have you sought a second opinion on this grand destiny you envision for yourself? She circles around to his side, stardust collecting at their hooves, and she uses her wing to indicate to the small relics, portable altars set up for each of the gods at the far side of the festival. Even from their distance, the gifts left at the foot of the alters were numerous, and as she indicates to them, another soul approaches to bow before their court sovereign, placing a gift before the god and caressing the statue with tender love. Those of this land put so much love and faith into the Gods who watch over them.

Her words are an explanation as she turns her gaze back up to him.

Do you think they would behave with half of that reverence, that love for the gods if they behaved in the manner in which your gods have tormented you? She questions gently, before using her wing to guide his attention back to her, meeting his gaze, I do not mean to make little of the relationship you have with your Desert origins, that is not my intention in this explanation. But I do believe that as long as you only follow the guidance of outsiders, you miss out on the ways of Novus. Not the Courts, but the very energy, the very magic that gives this island life." She tells him, stepping away again. Let me ask you this, Jarek of the Desert Lands; what is it about Torielle that have you hunting her as if she has no choice in her own life? Do you wish to steal her chance to make her own decisions? Does that sit right with you - does it truly? I have no answers for who may drive your visions, who gives you these stories you have directed your life by. But do you not owe it to yourself, to those you care about - to try and look for that answer.

She gently smiles again, her magic filling her with rising panic.

Her wing guides his attention back to her, and she motions to a nearby tree, You're heart is open to the possibilities if you only wish to start searching for those answers. But falling into panic will do nothing but warp your decisions. If you wish, join me for tea; and I will do my best to answer any questions you have. Just because the stars have no approval of the path you are on, does not mean we wish to cast you off as a soul who cannot be saved. So let me save you from a disaster of your own making. For not just Tori's sake, but for your own. Because you're not a failure, you're merely misguided on the words of those who hide behind sands . . . and once you learn that it's okay to not know what is planned for your life - only then can the universe start to assist you. That is the way the Universe works. It does not give items to achieve for. It sets things into motion so it happens naturally. You're not supposed to try for it. Her words fall with a soft laugh, a kind expression, You're just supposed to accept it when it comes, and it's very rare to know when it happens, until much, much after the fact. We cannot watch the butterfly flap its wings and see the storm it blows elsewhere. We only know the connection, after the fact; when we've already accepted the outcome.

He needed to stop trying so hard to write his own destiny.

That's manifestation, not grand design.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Jarek
Notes::
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-02-2022, 07:26 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-02-2022, 08:00 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-05-2022, 02:47 PM