Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Shooting Stars [Private]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He felt her muzzle touch his neck, breaking him from his spiral. The warm touch is so unfamiliar but welcome. Her breath on his flesh was warm and reassuring. He didn’t move, unsure of what was appropriate, he held inwards the desire to press his cheek against hers. He dared not to push a boundary incorrectly, or break this spiritual moment.  No one had provided him a moment of comfort such as this one since he had lost his mother all those years ago.  His voice internally screeched at his struggle to process this shift of understanding. The realization of a touch of insight to self was overbearing. 

He felt her withdraw her touch as she continued to speak to him. He kept his eyes closed feeling overwhelmed with trying to process too many senses. The chiming of the Prophet woman's bells reminded him of his misdeeds with Torielle, his behaviour was more apparent now than it ever had been before. He had been a fool, he had been led to believe wicked spirits were actually in tune with the universe. The chaotic nature of the  universe had gotten its grasp on him. 

He didn’t have an answer that adequately explained why he followed them. They were all he had ever known. From the day his mother had perished he had heard them whispering in the wind. “It’s all I’ve ever known,” he said simply, his voice soft and strained. Fear welled within him at her next words. That he could approach the gods of these lands and ask for their guidance. “But what if the others punish me?” He opened his eyes and looked upon her warm expression. She seemed to somehow have all the answers. 

Each word she spoke struck him like barbs of truth, revealing his failings. He would have much to make up for. Plenty of improvement to strive for. And a bucketload of apologies owed; if they would hear them.  It all made sense. There was a reason he left the desert afterall. Things had deteriorated there beyond repair. His family was all dead and gone, he had been alone. The whispers had driven him away from all that he had ever known. But now he was here, trying to make sense of the world. 

He paused for a moment to think of how best to answer her. “I could feel what I thought was our connection deep in the depth of my gut. I have run and explored with her dreams, connected in mind and spirit. The desert gods whispered to me of our fates. Evidently I owe her an apology.” The words were difficult to speak, and as he spoke them he could hear how from this perspective they would be received poorly. 

He followed her motion. Hoping that the desert gods themselves would blow away like grains of sands on the wind and not forever haunt him. He had never had tea, but if Veil thought it was appropriate for this situation then surely it would help. The movement helped distract his mind from the circling despair that was welling within him. “ I am open, but I am afraid.” he added softly, dipping his head. His father would have destroyed him if he had seen Jarek in this moment, he wondered if his mother would have approved of this journey into Novus.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-02-2022, 07:26 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-02-2022, 08:00 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-05-2022, 02:47 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-05-2022, 11:57 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-06-2022, 11:34 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-07-2022, 12:09 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-07-2022, 02:06 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-08-2022, 08:19 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-08-2022, 11:00 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-08-2022, 02:22 PM