Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Shooting Stars [Private]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jarek felt like he was standing on top of a tightrope performing a delicate balancing act. He was a very hefty stallion, and this would be a difficult feat at any moment. Emotionally he felt like he could fall at any moment and be consumed by the shadows beneath him. The stark reality that was making its presence known in his mind was that no one would miss him if he fell. He was as alone in the world as he had ever been. Except there was a dazzling light guiding him along the tightrope, helping him balancing and providing him comfort. 

What truly was the motivation of the mare to aid him? He pushed these feelings of paranoia deeper down within him, and attempted to focus on the moment.  Not all beings sought to take advantage of one another. But this was the environment he had been raised in, and the only experience he had known. In turn this was the experience he was pushing onto others without being entirely aware of his own actions. 

Was he driven here actually for the purpose of salvation? Or was this just another thought of self grandeur and assigning meaning where there was none. The all consuming shadows of relative meaninglessness.  Even the stars above would be unable to guide him in the darkness, it was now a grounded star that was guiding him to a different fate all together. 

He listened carefully again to the words she continued to speak. She had literally fallen from the sky itself.  She had been up in the sky standing with the gods themselves. Thoughts of doubt of her motivation were stripped from his mind. Even if she had an ulterior motive to guide him; she seemed to understand. His mind once more reminded him that Torielle trusted Veil, and that he too should. She was the first spark of sense that had glimmered in his life in a long time. 

“My birth resulted in the death of my mother, my life was started on a path of suffering from an early age. My father was a brute. It’s hardly an excuse for how ignorant I have been.” his own mind once more lashing itself with rising hatred. How disgusted he had become with himself now the blinkers had been removed. How his perception had shifted with the influence of Veil. How patient she continued to be to lead him along his tightrope and out of the darkness. He flickered between raw awareness of the situation unfolding, and numbness. It took effort and focus to keep his mind focused.

The warm weight of her body pressed to his was reassuring and firm. He had hardly realized how starved of touch and affection he had been. “I would let her choose.” he cut himself off from speaking further, realizing any other words would be nothing more but excuses. As she motioned for him to follow her for tea, the slipping of the warmth of her side from his was notable.  Her bells ringing and reminding him once more of the reality he had found himself firmly lodged in. A lifetime worth of suffering shattering around him, perception warping and changing. 

“It wasn’t that she was a prize. She was not a reward. It was something greater. They had whispered to me of a mare that would complete me. That our souls were stitched in time to be fated for one another to be complete. They had whispered to me that without me, she would never be truly complete. That Torielle needed me as much as plants need the sun to flourish. It felt dire and urgent.  It is now clear to me that it was false promises of the life Torielle and I could have led together.” He had not spoken so clearly, and frankly so honestly in his lifetime. 
It was only once he had managed to say this that he felt like he could rightly sip on the tea. The warmth of its lemon taste soothing to his very soul. It reminded him of how he felt when Veil touched him. It made him feel very much less alone. It only made him wonder further, if it had been the gods plan for him to fall all along.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-02-2022, 07:26 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-02-2022, 08:00 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-05-2022, 02:47 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-05-2022, 11:57 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-06-2022, 11:34 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-07-2022, 12:09 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-07-2022, 02:06 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-08-2022, 08:19 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-08-2022, 11:00 AM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-08-2022, 02:22 PM