Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

- Shooting Stars [Private]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 103 — Threads: 12
Signos: 125
Vagabond Monk
Female [She/Her/They/Theirs]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  15.1 hh  |  Hth: 46 — Atk: 14 — Exp: 69  |    Active Magic: Stellar Divination  |    Bonded: N/A

V e i l N e b u l a
Visions of your pretty face send me into hyper space
Caught up in a palentary world
The star tilted her head to the side.

She was both paying attention to him, as well as the guiding force that wished for her to tread carefully to awaken his attention to what was playing with his thoughts. Clouding his intentions. Twisting what should have been a purpose into something sinister and corrupt. How it played with his idea of building a family and herd; and turned it into a slave encampment of woman chained down by a man who only sought to control and devour them. Family, one could scoff at such an idea if they saw the path he lay waste to. It wasn't a man who wanted a brighter future. It was a man who wanted a captivated audience forced to dance to his tune.

It wasn't a future she would willing subject Torielle to.

Even if she had to take Torielle away from this man and hide her among the stars. She would make sure that was not the future Torielle had. Torielle deserved the world, and Veil would make sure she had it. So she put herself forward, she set out to fix what was wrong. He was listening carefully, taking the words she spoke and soaking them in. She smiled with relief to see him taking her words, taken them into account. She did blink in surprise when he spoke of his own story, and it was again that rising emotions of how he was feeling that seemed to entice her response.

Her wing brushed against his side, soft and brushing against his spine.

A smoothing motion, gently letting those feathers roll across his back, as if soothing a frightened child, While it may be a path of suffrage, do not place the blame upon your own shoulders. You phrase it so you weary the weight of that loss, when it is not your burden to carry. Would you blame the mother for birthing a dead foal? In that same regard, do not blame the foal for the mother's death. The way of the universe is that there is always a reason. He stated gently, before tilting her head, It may not excuse the ignorance, but your acknowledgement of the ignorance does make it forgivable. Only by perceiving our flaws can we begin to rise above them. You wish to provide salvation for others, no? So perhaps you should begin by providing salvation for yourself. The star recommended.

Veil was a creature who knew the troubles of loneliness.

At it was that driving knowledge that led her to be reassuring. She couldn't comprehend the idea of being touch starved, purely for the fact such actions were something knew to her knowledge. Prior to landing on this planet - she did not know there were others to miss the touch of. But affection was in no short supply among the stars, and so she willingly bridged gaps to provide the reassurance in the manner she'd been taught in her time here, her body against his, her words soothing but teaching. He starts to state he would let her choose, before stopping himself and she tilts her head, before leading him to a vendor.

Only once they had settled did he seem to find his words.

He states Torielle wasn't meant to be a prize or a reward, and she frowns, Yet, you see her as a gift to you - from the gods. Do you not see the contradiction in your words? She asked gently, before frowning when he spoke that it had been something greater. A mare to complete him, souls stitched to time, before the alarm bells went off with the idea that she would never be complete with out him.. Her Tori needed him to flourish. Her frown deepens, They have led you astray. Why would one being need another to flourish. That is the majesty of life. We find ways to flourish in our own ways. She forces herself to take a deep breath, least her own anger flourish in that moment.

There are stories of those who share a soul.

She starts simply, They are two parts of a whole, that when they come together it's an instant reaction on both sides. A sense of balance, of peace and prosperity. Of two beings who realize they found what was missing in that other person, because with out that other individual they were merely one half of a whole. You have been led a stray by a corrupted version of this tail. Had Torielle truly been such a person for you - that very first meeting would have seen the both of you weary to part. Instead, you flourished under the weight of possession, and she faded under the strength of oppression. Does that sound like a glorious thing to you? She brushed her muzzle against his neck, a soft, and soothing touch. You were played a fool by the ones you took reverence in. But your eyes are opening to that fact. I just hope, you can see where it went wrong.

And you can look for where things have gone right.

She pulled away, giving her own self a moment to settle with a sip of her tea, watching him from beneath her purple curls, as the stardust collects upon the ground around them, as if bringing the universe down to cradle her, There are thousands of stars in the sky, I myself once lived above, a glittering point untouchable by those who pass time by. I have seen lives lost, hearts won, and any number of romance stories that bring tears to the eye . . . I think you could have such a story . . . but only if you stop looking. The best love stories don't happen when you chase after the one that walked away. They come from the one that fits into your life with out you noticing. Just one day, waking up and realizing they've been there, and you pray they never go away. It's not an immediate page turner, it's a slow build into a raging fire. A spark of friendship that builds into love. But should you ever force it to flow at an unnatural rate, that is when the fire will consume you, and destroy the very thing you wish to obtain, losing it forever. So please. Be careful in such ventures of love. You have much potential to offer Jarek, but your ways now will only trap, not nurture. And that's no love story anyone wishes to hear.

FROM THE MOUTH
INSIDE THE MIND
@Jarek
Notes::
Breathin' in you give me air, I'm living on your solar flare
Could you be my super nova girl?

Artist Credit to Sephinta

Messages In This Thread
Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-02-2022, 07:26 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-02-2022, 08:00 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Jarek - 03-05-2022, 02:47 PM
RE: Shooting Stars [Private] - by Veil Nebula - 03-05-2022, 11:57 PM