Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Interactive Quest  - Words inside my head

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
I'm tugging at my hair
I'm pulling at my clothes
I'm tryna keep my cool
I know it shows
Small hooves hover above the ground, wings cutting through the brisk morning air.

Not that any part of this season was unpleasant to the Summer Fae. In fact, it left her with more energy than was normal. Her heart was lighter, her magic felt stronger - she felt . . . almost normal. Or as normal as an individual who was so familiar with loss and heartbreak could be. That was the blessing of being a Summer Fae; and your particular season coming into full force: it drowned out the heartache, and dulled the pain. It made the day seem warmer, made her heart feel a little more whole, a little more healed, a little less crumbled.

But there was also a strange energy about the air. 

It hummed around her, and seemed to pulsate in time with the warmth of her necklace, the necklace that held Tiana's soul tucked gently inside. A gift from the one man who still held her heart in his hooves, even after he had returned to the depths of hell upon his death. The hardest loss she had ever had to accept; when Tremaine had died trying to protect her. Much luck it had done - much luck they had had together. It had been perfect, too perfect when they had been together . . . only for it to crumble and fall apart so quickly that one, terrible night. 

She slows her path above the sands, gaze turning to the sea.

It's oddly peaceful, the morning sun reflecting off the white caps, making the crests seem to sparkle. Dust trails from those lightly fluttering butterfly wings, before the fae-horse lowers herself to the ground. Delicate hooves gently touch down, carrying her into a trot across the sand, ignoring the bounty of wild flowers that immediately pop up as the fae walks, eagerly kissing her hocks in greeting. She finds it easier to keep her peace when she ignores such small talents, talents that remind her that the past was catching up with her; that her birth right refused to let her go.

Running away from Summer was never successful.

Especially when you're meant to rule it in your home world. But the runaway queen was doing her best to run away from it all. She ignored the talents that lay suffering beneath the surface of her skin. The first time she'd seen herself using her mother's gift; of walking with a trail of those eager blossoms; she'd wept. And even now, on some days, she could feel the subtle hum of summer beneath her skin, threatening to explode outward in the official acceptance of that particular gift. She was running as far away from her father's magic as possible. She would accept the natural summer; the natural heat against her skin. She wasn't ready to utilize the very season and her own branch of magic.

That was her father's gift. Not hers.

The necklace at her neck suddenly flared hot, almost burning the skin, and the fae hissed as she flung her head back, trying to dislodge where the metal and gem rested against her chest, "Tiana, careful that hur-" Her words falter as the necklace continues to grow brighter, a vibrant red against the dusky hues of her pelt, "Tiana? What's wrong?" When the glow grew bright enough, the fae had no choice but to shut her eyes, head tilted away from the immense light; before suddenly, like a snap of pressure, it was gone.

Her eyes wearily blinked open, only to fall short in shock.

The red glow was now directly infront of her, hovering like a ball, the necklace around her neck now simply a red stone. Her muzzle dropped open as she eyed the odd red ball of energy, "T-Tiana?" She questions softly, before tilting her to one side. The response was dim, far away - but growing stronger in her head with each syllable, Hello Caelum The voice was soft, smooth like chocolate; but warm. While it was a few octaves higher than what Tremaine had always spoken with, the accent was familiar enough that Caelum almost hit her knees. The similarities in speech of the two siblings shook her to the core.

A flood of warmth and understanding seemed to fill her mind.

The ball of light moved, swirling around her gently, I know it is a shock, but breathe for me please. I am supposed to take care of you; after all . . . It's what Trey wanted. His name caused the fae to wince, to which she felt the disapproval from the spirit, You know as well as I do that he's not the sort who would want you walking around eggshells on his memory. What happened to the wayward Princess who was ready to throw down with the your team of advisors and the council over your chosen being a demon-born? The spirit questioned gently.

The fae didn't respond.

Instead, her knees bent, her body slowly falling into the sand, cushioned by the flowers and soft beach grasses that had grown around her hooves, as she stared up at the ball of energy, the spirit; the soul that had come back. Tiana's soul. Trey's sister . . . . So close to her Trey . . . and yet he remained forever lost. "Why are you here, Tiana?" She finally manages to ask the ball of light. It seems to hoover softly before sinking down next to her, resting against her side with a startling amount of warmth, and buzzing energy, Because you needed more support than I could offer you from within the necklace . . . You need someone by your side . . . and I won't fail my brother's chosen. The tears were pinpricks against her eyes, threatening to fall, but held back. Even now, years after his death - she couldn't run far from his memory; and he still seemed to be looking out for her.

I'm sorry I cannot be him. The spirit whispers softly with in her mind.

Caelum hates that she's sorry too.

"Speech"
Thoughts
Tiana's Telepathy
@Eirien
Notes: 

I'm staring at my feet
My cheeks are turning red
I'm searching for the words inside my head
art by bingo

Played by Offline c.widow [PM] Posts: 1 — Threads: 0
Signos: 430
Dusk Court Citizen
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  9 [Year 501 Summer]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 5 — Atk: 3 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Eirien
there's a corner out amongst the white
where someone is waiting for you to arrive
Though internal, the ache within her soul felt just as real as a physical injury. After months of searching with no outcome other than sorrow and disappointment, Eirien set out to explore the world her brother was so eager to indulge in. After all there would be no greater feeling, that she could think of, than to break her barriers and carry on his dreams; even if they were not her own. But how does one so dependent, so… uncertain, unchain themselves from a life of living in another’s shadow? It felt overwhelming and the tears would flow freely across her cheeks as she paced the summer winds, still clinging to the shores with a tiny bit of hope.

Despite the disfiguration from her tears she was able to make out the silhouette of a body laying amongst the beach. At first Eirien thought this being was alone until she cleared the waterfalls from her peepers, catching a glimpse of a glowing entity buzzing around the delicate body. The varnished woman began a slow descent. Savoring the summer air and salty sea. Flexing athletic legs outward to brace for a steady, but heavy, impact with the forgiving element that is sand. Feeling the particles squish beneath her cream hooves, the slight burn against her rear pasterns as she skids for a few seconds before catching herself, launching forward at a collected trot.

While Eirien remained a fair distance from the other upon landing she was closing the distance in the least threatening way possible. Loosened muscles, free flowing, and ears that perked forward with all focus on the other. "I'm so terribly sorry to intrude but I saw you laying here, what seemed to be alone, and I just wanted to make sure you're alright!" A long greeting boasted loud enough it would travel the air with ease. The varnished woman finally came to a stop but continued to maintain a comfortable distance just in case. Eyes studying the red glow that continued to radiate around her fresh company.

@Caelum
and though you're searching for what you might never find
he'll be there waiting for all of your life
art by musonart, code by c.widow

Mild powerplay permitted if realism is maintained.

No need to tag me, I have thread subscriptions set up so I automatically get PM's for any responses to threads I participate in.

I'm not much of a plotter, I prefer to write it out, but I'm happy to thread with anyone! <3

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 132 — Threads: 23
Signos: 6,637
Night Court Medic
Female [She/Her/Hers/We]  |  Immortal [Year 497 Spring]  |  15 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 70  |    Active Magic: Breath of Life  |    Bonded: Tiana (Soul-Spirit)

Caelum
I'm tugging at my hair
I'm pulling at my clothes
I'm tryna keep my cool
I know it shows
There is a sort of pain that comes from healing.

It's softer and easier to be overlooked. It can go days without cropping up, a forgotten emotion, a forgotten memory, a forgotten past. You start to pretend you're doing better. You smile easier, you laugh and joke with others. You go day by day, living in this fantasy world of being unstoppable, untouchable - that you're okay. And then something hits you out of the blue. You hear someone laugh with the same rhythm he would use. Or someone says one of his favorite lines. Or . . . his sister emerges as a spirit from your necklace . . . .

Tiana was a shock to her core.

The fae didn't know how to feel, as the ball of red energy - the same red glow that used to shimmer from her necklace, seemed to hover in front of her, filled with that same warmth, care, and love she would get from the necklace. But now, that necklace was void, and it was the spirit, the soul of Tiana in front of her. And all she could do was wish it was him. His voice in her head; reassuring her it would be alright. That the warmth was his warmth to shroud her from the darkness, the coldness creeping through her veins like ice. The sun was no longer warm on her pelt, the summer day no longer filled her with comfort.

It was like that pain suddenly rose up, and she realized . . .

. . . she was only pretending to be healed. She was still healing from his loss. There's a cadence behind her, the rhythm of hooves on sand, and the mare stiffens, feels herself immediately shutting down, hiding the raw pain, hiding the distress. She was fine. Having Tiana around was fine, no one needed to see her as a mess. Put her best face forward. Make herself presentable. Look your best, to be your best, so no one sees you cry. Instead, she turns towards the approaching figure, the cascade of ivory locks floating around her delicate face, as the limber fae looks upon the one approaching.

Caelum slowly stands, dusting the sand off with a ripple down her pelt.

"There is hardly any sort of need to apologize, you have not intruded in the slightest." The stately mare assured, words soft spoken, but strong in nature; even as her gaze remained delicate, her smile kind as it hid the pain deep down in her chest, untouchable, unnoticeable. Because that's what she did best. Bury it behind happy smiles and warm eyes so no one knew her turmoil. "I am . . . alright, I believe? I was not expecting my enchanted necklace to turn into a bonded companion is all. I do apologize if I alarmed you with my surprise; as I am sure you can imagine; this was not how I expected my morning fly to go." The mare laughs easily - as if the fact it was Tiana's soul, and not Tremaine's soul wasn't bothering her and making her feel guilty for not being eager to accept Tiana's more permanent company. "Oh, where are my manners; I appear to have dropped them in my surprise. My name is Caelum. Caelum Knoxx, a medic and tea shop owner in Denocte." She adds as introduction - a normal interaction, for a normal day.

Once more hiding her pain and pretending that was healing.

"Speech"
Thoughts
Tiana's Telepathy
@Eirien
Notes: 

I'm staring at my feet
My cheeks are turning red
I'm searching for the words inside my head
art by bingo