Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Passing through; on a memory

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jarek was delighted to see warmth arrive in Novus. In the back of his mind he always had a tickling concern that he had arrived at a place that would be forever set in a stranglehold by the cold season. He had met a mare that assured him that like in other places the seasons would shift. That Summer would arrive in Novus and that it would be warm and glorious. Well, she hadn’t said those exact words, but he inferred that it would be a comfortable place to be in summer. 

He hadn’t been to this place before. The scents surrounding him, alluded to its other uses. The idea of it made him a little uncomfortable. He had recently learnt lessons about himself, and about decency. Was he better off just turning and leaving? It was such a beautiful place; he couldn’t ask for a clearer day. The warmth embraced his darkened hide, setting off the sparkling of the minerals and clusters of rock attached to his skin. His icy blue eyes momentarily closing and savoring the moment of peace. 

He had never heard the tiny singing feathered creatures before. Their songs were energetic and uplifting, if only he had a fraction of their energy. Before long he found himself close to a familiar scent and a trail of flowers. Could it be the mare from the tunnels? 

She called his name and turned closer towards him confirming his suspicions. He had been a different creature in their last meeting. Before the intervention that had taken place during the spring festival. 

“Caelum.” his graveled voice produced her name. “Well, the weather surely has taken a shift for the better, it is a pleasure to see you also.” he added with a soft smile. “I had seen your flowers on the ground, I thought it might have been you.” 

It was indeed pleasant to see a familiar face. They had only met once, but Jarek didn’t have a lot of faces he could depend upon. Caelum had also given him valuable advice in the darkened tunnel. His mind strictly forced him to focus on the enjoyment of the situation and not to revisit darker places in his past.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-14-2022, 08:44 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-14-2022, 11:40 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-18-2022, 11:50 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-19-2022, 06:40 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-25-2022, 01:18 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-25-2022, 04:52 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-26-2022, 12:47 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-27-2022, 04:10 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-28-2022, 07:36 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 05-01-2022, 10:52 AM