Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Passing through; on a memory

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standing here in this moment in these gardens he could almost pretend that everything was ok. There was a beautiful woman who wanted to be in his company, there was a lush landscape around him, and no one was wracking his brain or manipulating him. The sun's warmth embraced his obsidian hide, reflecting the minerals scattered across his body. If there was a home, this was the closest he had felt so far.  But maybe this was another one of those times where his perceptions and experiences were shaped by his existence this far. Perhaps he could make a home wherever he was, if he chose to embrace this feeling?

He listened to her words and story carefully. Trying to etch the details to his memory, stories were important. Stories were what helped shape the view of the worlds around us. His stories had been misshapen and false, so he craved exposure to those of others. Perhaps the only drawback is in attempting to separate the truth from the tales. He did however trust Caelum was being truthful. 

He contemplated a moment further before replying “It is the duty of the king and queen to oversee what is happening within their own lands - to also be aware of what their children are doing. If they could see what had happened and truly feel the good intentions the princess had, surely they would support her. Surely the wrong doing here is actually that the princess wasn’t given more support, or that she didn’t have an army to support her. “ He felt there was perhaps more to the story by the way she had told it; but he could almost feel the bitter sting to the words and didn’t push for more details. 

He once more contemplated her words, his mind in a dizzy spin contemplating how honest to be in the moment. He sighed softly before adding, “You are right, I need a place. But to be honest Caelum; this right now, at this moment is the most at home I have felt…ever. We have the warm sun above us, lush greenery around us. With the added benefit of the company of a friend.he added with a soft smile feeling vulnerable. “I’m starting to think, what I'm missing from a home isn’t just the place, but those who I surround myself with.”

There was no way he would be able to remember each and every name and detail she had just listed. He would try, but there were a lot of names and places he was unfamiliar with. “Could you perhaps draw for me, where these places are?” he asked softly in a raspy gravelly voice. He hummed for a moment before adding “Leviathan sounds like the kind of man I could work with. But what I really need to know is what brings folks to rule here?" he asked, then stepping closer to her and attempting to speak a little softer he asked further;“How much control do the gods themselves have in the operation of Novus?” “Do you trust the gods here?” he attempts to whisper, struggling with his voice.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-14-2022, 08:44 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-14-2022, 11:40 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-18-2022, 11:50 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-19-2022, 06:40 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-25-2022, 01:18 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-25-2022, 04:52 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-26-2022, 12:47 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-27-2022, 04:10 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-28-2022, 07:36 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 05-01-2022, 10:52 AM