Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Passing through; on a memory

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline morphi [PM] Posts: 76 — Threads: 14
Signos: 310
Day Court Sovereign
Male [He/his]  |  8 [Year 503 Summer]  |  23 hh  |  Hth: 10 — Atk: 10 — Exp: 15  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Jarek
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here behind the curtain lies a darkness feeding
Pooled inside, in hunger cries, and still it's eating
Everything I had to hide is all on my sleeve
And behind the curtain lies my soul, I’m bleeding
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At this place being one for lovers, he could understand why this place was chosen. He could understand why it would fill the hearts of those here with warmth and inspire such actions. It did however remind Jarek about how lovely Caelum’s company was, and how otherwise being here would have likely made him feel very alone. Once more her warmth and kindness had shielded him from feeling entirely awkward and out of place. 

He listened carefully to the additional details. “It seems like the details are enough of a punishment to live with, that the Queen should live life fully to give meaning to their sacrifices. For the seasons continue changing do they not. It seems like it would be impossible to fully escape them. As much as I wish I could outrun winter sometimes” he said softly making direct eye contact. He had started to piece together some parts of information. Were the fae’s of other seasons he wondered? Mentally he made note that he should likely stay away from the winter version if such a thing existed. Would they be cold and ruthless? In contrast to Caelum’s warmth? He didn’t want to force the conversation, but there seemed to be so much hurt he wished there was somehow a way to comfort her. 

There was a massive amount of information to soak up. He tried to remember the map, and how the lands all connected. In some ways it amazed him how massive Novus was, how far it stretched and how different the homelands were. If he were being honest, the description of the day court had his heart leaping a little harder. It sounded like his previous home, perhaps this could be somewhere that was both familiar and a fresh start. “This is indeed very helpful. I think the day court sounds like it would suit my needs best, perhaps I could start there with my ventures for a home.`His voice was gravelly but hopeful. 

He listened carefully once more to each and every sentence of information Caelum could provide. He felt like he was getting a secret sneak peak, a bonus into starting a life on Novus. How set he had been in his way that he would shun them all for something greater. It had taken the interaction with the Veil Nebula to excise his demons. It had provided him with enough mental clarity and support to make better decisions going forwards. Those demons still reached for him in his dreams but they no longer consumed his wakeful hours. 

“This has all been very helpful, I am exceedingly grateful for your assistance” he said warmly in raspy tones. “I think there may just be a future for me, here somewhere in Novus. Perhaps in the day court. There is much yet to learn. But the future can be bright, it can be warm.” he said, reaching to gently brush his muzzle to her cheek. It was a pleasure to just be, to exist beneath the sun with this fresh new outlook.

image by:https://giphy.com/Allyouneediswall

Messages In This Thread
Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-14-2022, 08:44 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-14-2022, 11:40 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-18-2022, 11:50 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-19-2022, 06:40 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-25-2022, 01:18 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-25-2022, 04:52 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-26-2022, 12:47 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 04-27-2022, 04:10 AM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Caelum - 04-28-2022, 07:36 PM
RE: Passing through; on a memory - by Jarek - 05-01-2022, 10:52 AM