Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - The start of something new

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline EighthWonder [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 5
Signos: 1,990
Dawn Court Medic
Intersex [He / Him / They / Them]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  17 hh  |  Hth: 11 — Atk: 9 — Exp: 10  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

Liseli

He allowed the mare to speak, secretly envious of her honesty, even though that was a trait he had as well. She spoke of closeness and her brother, their relation to him and his proximity both emotionally and physically he assumed. He didn’t have much to say other than the coy and genuine smile he followed with the soft words of, "I am not here to hurt you." And the giggle that rolled the final comment of her brother being a pain in the ass, he was familiar with the idea though he never had siblings. In fact, it was all he really could say hoping it would somehow ease her frustrations if any but he chose not to dwell on it too long as the next words came out.

An invitation, a real one. Surprised he was at her words and flicked his ears towards her voice. He would accept, though a small feeling of shame overcame him. An unfamiliar taste to his chest. It was but a passing, why shouldn’t;t he help he was being asked, not even asked but offered options. Though he did want some privacy he figured her own home would be something of an intrusion and he wouldn’t;t want to push her from her own place of secrecy. Liseli valued having that “away” place and he was sure a part of her did too. Perhaps she was just being kind as she looked up at him. But he was not inclined to reject the offer. And so it was, "I would be willing to go with you and help your court, I have little ties to anything as the very essence of nature is everywhere. To this I do have questions though. To the citadel, I would be some stranger… I would like to help and I don’t have any qualms other than the way your court may see you because of me. I would not want to cause you distress. To your home, it is very kind but I do have to wonder… would you prefer to reserve that space for yourself as a home for your memories of your true self? Alone to frolic as you please? Please don’t take these as leading but I am concerned after the things you’ve spoken of if only for your own." He tensed at the idea, his own being had not an issue with the ways others had known him or even would know him. However he wouldn’t want to impose upon her either in the truest sense. Perhaps they could return together?

Their conversation shifted as she answered his question about her past. He thought for a moment and figured he’d never actually asked anyone about there’s until now. It was usually something that only came up over time. His fly on the wall nature was meeting a new sense of gentle boldness with him. It was unusual, indeed. He wanted to know her this strange entity though the deja vu sensations were all screaming to him quietly inside, a prickle in the bones. 

She talked of her beginning, mother, brother, her craft , and her rise to superiority. Parts of it were similar to his own rise in the world, though he’d only met true tragedy outside of his control in his love life. If he would even to this day called it love. So as she glanced back and forth from the rabbit burrow he could sense the mild nervousness in the air. But it was in a sense of soft humor that he knew. Perhaps they were not so different after all, perhaps this was meant to happen. Without realizing his head tracked her face, looking to and fro, his antlers counterbalancing his head in a smooth way. He didn’t mean to stare directly, but he was entrapped. The thing that snapped him out of it was when she asked of his story. Perhaps she was being polite, perhaps she actually wanted to know. But for her he was willing to tell it. 

"Well Uzuri I think in a few ways you and I could relate. I will tell you my story, hopefully it’s not too boring compared to yours. But if something upsets you I do apologize in advance." He dipped his head away from her, similar to the way she had done, glancing at the burrow finding comfort in the nest before them and began. "I was born to a good family, one not rooted in the ways of these lands. We had no rulers or guards. Travelers the lot of us though it had always been said we had somehow gone away from out traditions. As a colt… well if you could call me that. I became the physical emblem of the ways our herd had lot to the times. This aspect came from my mother, while my antler from my father. I still can see their faces in my dreams and hear their names in the wind."

He inhaled deeply, not sure if he should tell her explicitly the reason for his difference from his herd or if she would have caught it in the brief words, but she figure it out eventually… probably. She asked for his story, and inspired buy her honesty decided to show his own too. "I chose to leave them, not of any malicious intent, no, no. I left because that was as my mother said “the way of my ancestors.” And so I wandered alone but with the elements…" He trailed for a moment, the condensed version of his initial encounter barged by the comparison. "I was alone to try to heal. Our ancestors had the power to take on another’s pain whole and fully physically. It was fine, but it is what took most of us. If one got a scrape we could take it from them onto our own bodies. In this way the training and throwing oneself in to their craft is defiantly relatable. This could extend, or so I was told to emotional scars as well… but for that I fear I was too late to learn. "

"Through my wandering I had met someone. A friend, my confidant, weaseling her way in to my world though I would never hold it against her, ever." He quietly gestured to the two’s surroundings, the clearing, the grey weather and look back for the first time to Uzuri. It was a gentle stare through his cold heterochromatic eyes. "It was much like this in an odd way. The quiet the freedom, though this is not the same only but similar." “Eventually she and I became involved, though I will admit I don’t think I had the feeling to back it. To make it short there came a day when she wanted more. I tried to give it to her but I…. I think I was the problem. He sighed softly in to the beautiful abyss of the grey sky. "She… uh… I tried. I tried to save her. It was… to no a avail. I was but hours too late."

For the sadness he felt speaking of the event, somehow he found some kind of comfort in Uzuri being nearer to him. He had never told the story aloud and though he didn’t cry this time or believe in vulnerability only honesty, he couldn’t help but feeling a little support. Even if it was all in his head. "And so like you I was alone. Backing off someone I had trusted, looking for the ways to go through, to live on as we have been so granted to do. So I came here…" He glance back at her, "And got to meet you."

"Speech" | TAGS:  @Uzuri |  NOTES: Lot’s to unpack here ya know histories good times all round 

Messages In This Thread
The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-01-2022, 01:09 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-02-2022, 01:02 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-02-2022, 03:28 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-02-2022, 04:24 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-02-2022, 06:29 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-12-2022, 03:08 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-16-2022, 10:30 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 05-30-2022, 04:53 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 05-30-2022, 12:32 PM
RE: The start of something new - by Liseli - 06-02-2022, 05:13 AM
RE: The start of something new - by Uzuri - 06-02-2022, 02:43 PM