Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - A Balm for the Blasphemous

Users browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Dyzzie [PM] Posts: 21 — Threads: 3
Signos: 125
Day Court Entertainer
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  7 [Year 504 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 14 — Atk: 6 — Exp: 19  |    Active Magic: N/A  |    Bonded: N/A

s w a h i l i

take a drunk girl home
let her sleep all alone
leave her keys on the counter
your number by the phone
pick up her life she threw on the floor

The mare tilted her head ever so slightly, pale mane falling into emerald eyes momentarily, even as his own ears twitch, his head lifted, turning towards her. Gee, how big is this guy? She had to wonder as he seemed to come to full height, turning towards her - his own greens eyes seeming to size her up. He wasn't the largest beast she'd come across, but with his head among the grasses, she hadn't assumed he was quite so tall. His breath left him, short - heavy; and instantly she worried that she was about to be sent away. Dismissed. A troublesome, unwanted extra on a solo adventure. Would he be kinder about it than her own father? Would he at least acknowledge her, send her away - or would he merely turn away, disappear, ignore her. The answer appeared to be somewhere in the middle as he remained silent, but his attention was focused directly on her, boring into her. So, she in return felt that fire in her soul light. Her stance shifted, a little more sure, her head raising just a little higher. She might hesitate in the face of meeting someone new - cautious in case they lean into more negative emotions, reactions.

But she was a desert rose that could stand up against the test of time, the raging winds of the sand storm, the searing heat of the sun. No stallion's direct attention would set her off kilter. She was stronger than that. She was the soul of a gypsy, the fire of a desert dancer; and damn it, she wasn't just going to be chased of. Then he left a sound, gruff, as he turned to face her fully - and she's waiting, prepared for him to verbally chance her away - to tell her to get lost. Ogden. A medic. She blinks, shocked, surprised, having NOT been expecting that response, but then her features shift, a bright, and vibrant smile, dipping her crown just slightly in greeting. And then he provided the answers - looking for medicine. Medicinal herbs then? Instantly her gaze was curious, eager, wondering, "What herbs are you looking for? I know what a few of them look like - I keep a small stash on hand for home-treatment. Easier to chew on a stem if I'm not feeling well, than try to bother my father for medical attention."

"Are you looking for anything in particular, or just seeing what there is. If you tell me what you are looking for, maybe tell me what it looks like, I can at least help?" Again, the sense of just wanting to be wanted companion arose. At his question however, she grinned, "Yes, Solterra, it's to the east - if you travel far enough through the plains, you'll find yourself at the cusp of a desert, the heat, the sand, that's the border of Soltera. Travel far enough into it - you'll eventually find the heart of the Day Court. I'd be more than happy to offer my services as a guide, should you ever need it? It's really, really easy to get turned around in the desert - especially if a sand storm starts to sneak up on your heals." She added, as if to encourage him to make friends with her, to admire her company (was it so shameful to just want to have friends who enjoy having you around?)

"Speech"
Thoughts
@Ogden
Notes: <3

Lineart © Vizseryn @ DA; Character/Design © Dyzzie

Messages In This Thread
A Balm for the Blasphemous - by Ogden - 06-05-2022, 09:31 AM
RE: A Balm for the Blasphemous - by Swahili - 06-05-2022, 11:07 AM
RE: A Balm for the Blasphemous - by Ogden - 06-06-2022, 01:59 AM
RE: A Balm for the Blasphemous - by Swahili - 06-06-2022, 05:03 PM
RE: A Balm for the Blasphemous - by Ogden - 06-07-2022, 08:07 AM
RE: A Balm for the Blasphemous - by Swahili - 06-07-2022, 08:44 AM