Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - silence like a cancer grows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Only

Ooc:  This may possibly require a TRIGGER WARNING because it opens with violence.  I don't know how to truly label this post specifically so, yep, there's my warning.  D:

Margaret Dends had it coming when she upset Stephan after standing him up for a date at the New Mexican.  Her condominium, as he could remember, was on Ninth and Hoyt which was one block from the restaurant - not far from where he was.  He couldn't remember what the number of her address actually was but he knew that she drove an '93 Oldsmobile that was forest green.  It was distinct because he remembered the story she told him about a fender-bender which made her late to work.  It made it that much easier to find her when he found which house belonged to the driveway that had her car in it. That, and the fact that she had also mentioned (once, long ago, and not even to him) that she didn't bother locking her doors.

Here in the dark, he remembers trying to be reasonable about why she would stand him up and to give Margaret the benefit of the doubt by saying she forgot.  But at gunpoint in her living room she still couldn't lie about the reasons why she failed to show up at seven o' clock at night.

You freak me out!  I hate you!  She managed to snarly behind the duct tape.  She sweated profusely until the binding lost its stick.  That, and she couldn't stop screaming against it - all that breath had done her some good but Stephan had tied her hands down and looped her ankles together.  So now here she sat on the floor of her closet, tied to a chest full of things she had either stolen from her employees or from men she had played long enough to get something expensive out of.  She exuded an air of confidence about her as if she'd escape all of this and, from the fight she had put up trying to resist him breaking in unannounced, Stephan too wasn't sure how successful this would be.

Somehow she knew he'd never shoot her but what she didn't know was how he did intend to finish it.  Locked up in her own walk-in closet - surrounded by all her stupid stuffy outfits which absorbed most of her protests, Stephan did not worry about being discovered with her until he was done.  Even then he would be gone before his quarry would ever be discovered.  Margaret Dends was a bitch and she needed to go - she had spent an entire year embezzling his money and now she would die surrounded by it.   

'You could have had such a lovely dinner before this.  Why did you have to stand me up tonight Margie, eh?  Really, I am a strong believer in business before pleasure, I even brought you flowers.  Did you know that I put them on your dinner table while you were on the phone with your mother?'  Stephan pushed his knife to her neck to scare her - somehow being surrounded by all the luxury of expensive designer clothes his stolen labor hours bought her made him feel calm. To gut Margaret Dends and then throw her own blood around on all of it sounded reasonable to him.  He would have rather have done it on a full stomach but he ended up taking his red chile carne adovada to go and had it waiting in her mailbox just at the end of the drive.

The fight was unfair, this is how much Only remembers when he thinks about how long it took to drive away from Omaha.  He remembers being angry for weeks after that about all the money she took from them.  At some point along the way - he began to agree with Stephan that the bitch had it coming - he was the one to pitch her mangled body into the lake before back leaving with no trace.  They would be back soon, Stephan promised.  

They would be back.

Only remembers Margaret Pends in a place like this, the lake setting had been about as intimate as this.  It was raining which was perfect and Margie had been light in his arms - at some point he remembers tripping, falling, and attracting the attention of a man fishing on the edge of the lake across the way.  They looked at each other and that was that, Only was sure that he had been spotted but the man made no move to look further as his pole caught a fish.  If only there was a fish big enough to attract the stranger's attention away from how 'odd' Only appeared to be.  

Underneath the cloaked man's eyes he squirms although he isn't sure what it is that makes him do such a thing.  The whole visual of the larger stallion made it clear to Only that he would be at a serious disadvantage in making rivals out of this stranger.  The only thing he could do possibly do better is run the hell away.  Not much goes through his head as he hears the man's velvety voice other than trying to remember it - it would do him more good than harm to remember how much bigger someone like Anonymous is.

"D-Disappointed?  Me?  Oh no-no."  Relieved is more like it despite the unexpected stutter.  He decides to play off of it as best as he can and sidesteps out of the way of the path the bay came in case the man is moving through rather than towards him.  "I am looking for the river.  Which - which way would that be, do you know?"  Because for some reason Only thinks Margaret will wash up tonight - for some reason he thinks that here, worlds away, somehow her over-processed hair is going to wash up on rocks and the game will be over for him.  It is an unnecessary paranoia - one that will waste more of his time than he could ever imagine - but the guilt is obvious enough on him that he wears it like a second skin.

.only
thief for hire
low-functioning telekinesis

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
 For many are called but few are chosen.

Messages In This Thread
silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 08-29-2017, 09:34 PM
Meet me at the end of the universe - by Only - 08-30-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 08-30-2017, 04:58 PM
Meet me at the end of the universe - by Only - 08-30-2017, 09:37 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 08-31-2017, 01:31 PM
Break through the surface and breathe - by Only - 09-01-2017, 02:02 AM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 09-01-2017, 01:05 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Only - 09-01-2017, 08:41 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 09-01-2017, 09:23 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Only - 09-02-2017, 02:24 AM