Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - silence like a cancer grows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Anonymous

Code:

A N O N Y M O U S

Another stuttered reply is the first response, with a certain defensiveness despite the fact that all he had done was ask for a simple introduction. An ear flicked in annoyance. Respect, even fear, were not inappropriate responses, but the bay still felt the temptation to slap the boy (for so he acted) silly for such tremors. The stallion sidesteps and backs away, almost looking like he might flee in terror. He's about to say something to the scared boy, not to comfort but to reprimand.

But then it happens. Everything changes, and nothing changes. The wraith stands a little taller, a flicker of undetectable emotion in his eye. The stranger steps out of and away from the creek, seemingly haven awakened from some.. sleep or daze. When he speaks, there is no stutter, no hesitation. The voice now is confident, cunning, and cool. And it's not just how he says it but what he says. "Better not to know who I am."

Well that's just baiting, isn't it, like an enticing riddle. Anonymous's cropped tail twitches like a feline's before the pounce. Still he does not move, nor does he avert his perceptive stare. Apparently an answer to the question is not forthcoming, and instead Anonymous is surprised to find that the calculating look is returned - gazing upon him. And another question, quick, now about his daggers. His senses tell him that his cloak is not hiding the blades as it sometimes does. Not that he cares terribly much.

This fellow is brazen. Perhaps just stupid. The lift of his head feels like, a challenge. Anon feels something inside of himself twitch, and supposes he can play this game. He uses the telekinesis (familiar to him, as he'd grown up with similar power) to lift the left dagger from its scabbard. He steps toward the stranger, finally, and closes the distance so they're barely five feet apart. "You ask why. I say, why not?" He drawls, a smirk sliding on to his maw. A second later the dagger lies against the wraith's sinewy neck, just over where his carotid artery and jugular vein lie beneath the dark skin. "I use them how I wish."

He does not move away, and the dagger remains against its intended victim. A challenge glitters in Anonymous's eyes, and he feels the first hints of adrenaline trickle through his blood.

@Only

Messages In This Thread
silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 08-29-2017, 09:34 PM
Meet me at the end of the universe - by Only - 08-30-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 08-30-2017, 04:58 PM
Meet me at the end of the universe - by Only - 08-30-2017, 09:37 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 08-31-2017, 01:31 PM
Break through the surface and breathe - by Only - 09-01-2017, 02:02 AM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 09-01-2017, 01:05 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Only - 09-01-2017, 08:41 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 09-01-2017, 09:23 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Only - 09-02-2017, 02:24 AM