Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - silence like a cancer grows

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Only

I thought you were looking for the  Rapax?

Oh right, that was a thing.
Stephan cannot remember a lick of what 'Emrys' must have told him, them, Only.
Now it is Only's turn to laugh but it is easy for Stephan to staunch that soft-boy's racket.

His ears come together as he rolls a shoulder, the whole of him slinky and serpent-like with how thin, black, and slick he looks.  "I changed my mind -" Stephan says rather firmly in defense.  His tail snaps hard against his own flanks, left-to-right, as if to punctuate how serious he is.  It doesn't help that he pins his toxic green eyes on him again, his mood unreadable  "I find you much more interesting but don't flatter yourself Emrys, perhaps I am standing here just long enough to figure out what it is I am going to do to you."  A bluff. 

Convincing.

Whatever it is that Only thinks he will find on the banks of the Rapax River will have to wait, Stephan's interests differ greatly in times like this.  That, and he isn't sure whether he feels angry, vengeful, or downright thrilled that Emrys has taken something from him that he feels is rather intimate.

"I am surprised you didn't want to lick it off your knives - was there ever a time in your life when you would have done such a thing?"  He speaks from experience - because Stephan is the kind of guy who (in the heat of the moment) would like the blood off of his knife if the moment was horrible enough.  His boss, Mr. Whatever, had known true terror before dying - Stephan had seen to it. Now he was in pieces all over the backyard and the loveliest roses grew in all the places Stephan saw it fit to bury all the parts.  

At least Mother had been happy with the garden after that.

"Maybe I just want to spend time with you."  He dropped quite forwardly.

"Maybe you are more interesting than Rapax."  

At that Stephan cants his head to the side in such a way that the golden hair slides off his long 'S' of a neck that already houses a terrible and obvious scar across his throat.  Stephan knows the pathway to Death quite well, he has walked it many times with open eyes and a calm mind.  His cheek gleams pink and wet and raw in the dark and the scent of blood is fresh in the air.  Even though Stephan shows no signs of pain where Emrys has hurt him it is clear as day that he is aware of it - too aware.  It stings and stings and stings so much that he cannot help how watery his eyes are in trying to hold back the constant twinging of the cut.

"You smell like piñion fires and it reminded me of home.  For once, I realize that I do not completely detest the company I am with."   Stephan admits quite shamelessly, head held high as he maintains his pride despite admitting something rather personal about himself. 

.only
thief for hire
lesser telekinesis

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called but few are chosen.

@Anonymous  "Emrys"

Messages In This Thread
silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 08-29-2017, 09:34 PM
Meet me at the end of the universe - by Only - 08-30-2017, 03:19 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 08-30-2017, 04:58 PM
Meet me at the end of the universe - by Only - 08-30-2017, 09:37 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 08-31-2017, 01:31 PM
Break through the surface and breathe - by Only - 09-01-2017, 02:02 AM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 09-01-2017, 01:05 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Only - 09-01-2017, 08:41 PM
RE: silence like a cancer grows - by Anonymous - 09-01-2017, 09:23 PM