Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Only a memory...

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Only

She plays his paranoia like an instrument and oh!  How effective her words are against him.  Flora lights the disquiet inside of him on fire - her smile is like gasoline and her laughter is the lit match which she throws down at his feet.  He feels like he is engulfed in flames as she moves around him, teasing him about the flowers.  He shouldn't have eaten it but he did - his knees are knocking - was it really poison? 

And he is floundering and helpless.
And he is burning and burning with paranoia now.
And he wonders if he'll die -- if so, when?  Soon?

"Flora."  But she is too busy laughing and being happy.  Her joy cannot be contained as she darts off into the grass after giving her contagious laughter to the world which only grows more warm and bright.  The colors are rich around them but he's too busy to stare at birds, trees, and the like - he cannot help but grin even though he's worried all over again.  

"Flora!"  He laughs again, frustrated but unable to get mad about it - it was his mistake.  Damn her!  Damn her for keeping everything so light hearted - infectuously so.  Even Only kicks his heels up and lopes after her with a comfortable gate - he catches up and nips her hair before taking another flower and tearing off.

He forgets for a moment that the Rift spit him out just two days ago - he forgets that Stephan is listening (always listening) - he forgets a lot more about the things that torment him daily as he trots off and flashes his flaxen tail at her through the grass.   

"If you can catch me - I'll give you a different flower for your hair.  You have to keep me awake now - so you must play with me."  He challenges as he turns to look over his shoulder and gives her a handsome toss of his head to engage a game of high-speed chase.  This is a game he is good at because he has been outrunning the authorities since the days of his youth.  All of his questions for her will come later but first - run!

The stallion's body is a machine - it operates very differently than the mind that is housed within it - and when he lets go of everything he is thinking about it has the ability to do incredible things.   He is very quick as he shoots ahead of her like a bolt of black lightning - his own laughter spreading through the plains like wildfire.  

.only
thief for hire
low-functioning telekinesis

There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
For many are called but few are chosen.

@Florentine

Messages In This Thread
Only a memory... - by Florentine - 08-30-2017, 01:45 PM
Meet me at the end of the universe - by Only - 08-30-2017, 06:03 PM
RE: Only a memory... - by Florentine - 09-02-2017, 11:59 AM
Break through the surface and breathe - by Only - 09-02-2017, 03:30 PM
RE: Only a memory... - by Florentine - 09-03-2017, 09:46 AM
RE: Only a memory... - by Only - 09-04-2017, 11:01 AM
RE: Only a memory... - by Florentine - 09-04-2017, 11:45 AM
RE: Only a memory... - by Only - 09-04-2017, 07:05 PM
RE: Only a memory... - by Florentine - 09-07-2017, 02:42 PM