Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - [Pan, Flora, Any]

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Coraline

Coraline listens with rapt attention as Pan explains what his role in the herd is. She decides that perhaps that is what she should do, too. She has never really been one for harming others, even when they are a threat – the dragon is a great example; but rather tried to lead the charge to heal it. It left her with several minor injuries and boo-boos, but she still insisted that it was sick and didn’t understand what it was doing. And when the “other” group charged to kill it, she was adamantly against it, but did realize that there was nothing she could do for it. She hated the thought, but instead of trying to hinder those doing their job, simply made herself scarce. Mew was one that fought it, and received a good cut to his shoulder. He didn’t want to tell her where he got it, as he thought she would hate him. It was not in her nature to hate, despite the cruelties she has endured. Instead, the child of silver understood everyone had their own demons to face, and hers was her big heart.

”I think that’s a wonderful thing, Pan! I might just have to look into that and see if I can join you. If you’ll have me, that is.” She gave a playful wink, and then turned her head as Flora started to explain her job. ”Now that sounds like a real adventure! I wonder if it’s something I could learn to do, one day.” She knew she had neither the age nor experience to consider such a job right now, and her inherent fear of all strangers would probably hinder her severely. Perhaps it was something she could strive for in the future. It would be a task worth trying.

And before they could converse further on the matter, Flora is saying her goodbyes and disappearing, leaving the silver child with Pan. She sighs softly as she watches the other filly (no…mare. The other mare) until she is but a speck in the distance. ”It is strange how we all seem to grow in different ways.” There is a distinct sadness to her voice. She knew that one day, they would all be grown with their own lives and their own children, and responsibilities, but that does not mean she is looking forward to it. The silver girl wishes to remain a youngster forever, to be able to live under someone else’s eye; to let them decide what’s best for her. She is too afraid of the world for those decisions!

”But I think she may be right. I think it may be time to return home for a time. Perhaps take a nap before going on any more adventures.” She giggles and she too, begins walking off, leaving Pan with time to catch up, or go his own way – whatever the boy decides.

ooc: I don’t have that many threads; so I’m up for whatever you want to do. ?

”Speech”

| Silver chain from the pirate siren | Blue Macaw feather in mane |
Image © Firenze Design @ Deviant Art

@Pan
@Florentine

Played by [PM] Posts: N/A — Threads:
Pan

As Florentine discusses her role as the Emissary, Pan wrinkles his nose in something akin to distaste.  Sounds to me like being an Emissary is a lot of work… I mean, I like people and all, but I don’t want to have duties and have some kind of expectations… better to be able to make my own choices, am I right?  He turns to wink at Coraline, hoping she’d find his statement in agreement.  And, hearing more about all that Flora had to do was enough to placate Pan on the fact that he hadn’t been able to see his friend as much as he’d like to.  She had important things to do for her Court… and he supposed it was a noble enough cause

I can come with you sometime, if you want… to meet the other Courts.  I want to know them too.  He offered Flora a smile as she offers them a parting glance and takes to the sky – and before he can wait for an answer, the flower girl is gone.

Turning back to Coraline with a child’s sigh, he pouts a bit.  I wonder if she has time for me anymore Coraline… for us, that is.  Seems like she’s much too busy with grown-up things to play.  You don’t think she’s growing up, do you?  And as much as he hates to admit it to himself, he leaves the question hanging as a rhetorical, knowing the answer despite wishing the opposite.

At Coraline’s mention of a nap, he grins and laughs.  Silly girl… I can’t possibly nap on a day like today… too much to do, and I want to catch as much of the sun as I can before the night comes again.  Take your nap, and if you’re up for it, you can join me in the forest… I’m going to go pick some plants for healing.  Not that Pan knew what to look for, but it sounded good, at least.  Without wasting a moment’s more time, he races off toward the east, eager to add to his growing collection of wilted flowers and mossy bits, currently rotting in his bag.

Pan
Dawn Court
character © Firefly; html by castlegraphics; image by alexlibby

@Florentine, @Coraline – feel free to start a new post in the forest and I’ll have Voltaire and Pan come play

« Next Oldest | Next Newest »