Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Of electricity and hurricanes

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 75 — Threads: 5
Signos: 0
Day Court Soldier
Male [He/Him/His]  |  Immortal [Year 493 Spring]  |  21 hh  |  Hth: 17 — Atk: 23 — Exp: 41  |    Active Magic: Telemanipulation  |    Bonded: Circe (Lammergeier Wyvern)

⚔  in these silences, something may rise  ⚔

His gaze, neutral of most emotion, regarded the overconfident mare as she puffed up, chest inflating and posture stiffening at his approach. At no point did he look away from her, even as he came to a quiet halt in front of the gray mare. It was almost like he was assessing her - like a drill sergeant would scrutinize a new recruit, fresh to boot camp. Oddly confident was true - although maybe it was more calm and collected dominance, if anything?

Her eyes adverted, staring at his feet. He could imagine her cheeks felt hot; her body language screamed of her uncomfort. The corner of his lips curled oh-so-slightly upwards, and a throaty chuckle reverberated from the massive stallion. His head lowered, and he sought to edge his muzzle under her chin and tilt her head up to a more acceptable angle. He did this just as she stole a glance upwards at him, which would most likely result in her getting an uncomfortably close view of the Triennial Eye if she didn't jump away. It stared at her with a steely gaze, lacking it's usual erratic movement. Additionally, he was awfully close to the collar for a brief moment...

And his muzzle was oddly soft.

"It's awfully inconsiderate not to look at someone whom you're speaking to."

His breath was warm. Another chuckle escaped his throat, and he pulled his head up and away from her. She seemed so frazzled; why? Was she scared of him? She could deny it, but Torstein could feel her hesitation, her crumpling composure, her anxiety. Body language gave her away; but he didn't appear to be taking advantage of the situation.

Instead, he turned his body away from facing her directly. Instead of staring at his chest, spines, and the third eye - she was left to look at the oddly plum-colored expanse of his side. Even for it's.... peculiar.... colors, it was hardly the most unique thing about him. 

"My name is Torstein," he spoke, his accent becoming especially heavy at the mention of his own name. Stealing a glance back at the mare (Have you recovered yourself yet, my dear?), braided whip-like tail flicking lazily at his painted hocks. 

"I come from a nation called the Empire of Stolthet," he answered, "although I can imagine you do not know of it, just like I did not know of... what did you call it? Novus?"

A smile touched his lips. It was an odd expression on his face, and it looked just.. so out of place. Not a fake smile, per say. "And what is your name, my collared sweetheart?"

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Action. Thoughts. "Speech."
@Seraphina - I'm SO SORRY this took so long ;__; <3

Reference Image - - chest cavity: CLOSED - - 441 words - - code Ⓒ inkbone

[ please tag @Torstein in all replies ]

I have three eyes
   TWO TO LOOK    ONE TO SEE

Messages In This Thread
Of electricity and hurricanes - by Torstein - 07-03-2017, 11:27 PM
RE: Of electricity and hurricanes - by Seraphina - 07-05-2017, 04:57 PM
RE: Of electricity and hurricanes - by Torstein - 07-06-2017, 11:11 PM
RE: Of electricity and hurricanes - by Seraphina - 07-09-2017, 09:20 PM