Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - i want so much more than they've got planned

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus

The maiden's dulcet tones and soothing words did wonders to chase away Somnus' fear that he had, indeed, startled or upset her. He lingered on the invisible precipice of what might be considered the mare's personal space, hesitant to draw any closer just in case his presence was unwanted. Curious verdant eyes regarded her, however, from where he stood, impassive and quiet, the joints in his wings furling and folding as he tucked rich caramel feathers back against pale flaxen sides, his posture erect but unobtrusive.

It was only when she dipped her head in what the tactician immediately recognized as a formal greeting that he dared to venture closer, one hoof guiding his path after another as he approached. Ygraine. That was the name of the grullo maiden, who's smile was warm and inviting and her pale blue eyes even more so. She was an appealing creature, with primitive hues and soft accents of chrome, but Somnus did not recognize her face nor her scent from his time spent in the Dawn Court thus far. Perhaps she was new to the land of the rising sun? A visitor, maybe?

"A pleasure. Truly." And it was. Somnus truly enjoyed encountering the members of his Court, for there were still many faces that he did not know. Hopefully, soon, that would no longer be the case.

That polite little smile once more returned to the golden tactician's lips, a subtle, but pleased expression. It was an unnaturally comfortable morning, given how cruel the summer season had yet been. It was not yet unbearably hot, forcing everyone to go find some shade to lounge in until evening, but instead mild and pleasant, lacking the oppressive bites of days past. Somnus was pleased to see that he was not the only one taking advantage of such beautiful weather, for it would simply be poor taste to wallow in the mortar halls of the Court. "Wholeheartedly, lady. Far too few of mornings start like this. I can only hope that it promises a decent afternoon, as well."

The dunalino stallion's smile, subtle as it was, finally drifted into a far more neutral, professional expression, the same expression he had mastered when in the presence of the Vhallen council and foreign dignitaries, and once again Somnus dipped his onyx horn in a bow of acknowledgement. "Forgive my inquiry, lady Ygraine. I am merely curious. Are you new to Delumine? If that is the case, then I welcome you, humbly and wholly, and I will eagerly answer any questions that you may have, should I be capable."

@Ygraine

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 08-27-2017, 12:27 PM
RE: i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 08-27-2017, 10:42 PM
RE: i want so much more than they've got planned - by Somnus - 08-29-2017, 07:54 PM
RE: i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 08-30-2017, 05:09 PM
RE: i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 09-04-2017, 12:58 PM
RE: i want so much more than they've got planned - by Ygraine - 09-05-2017, 10:55 PM