Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Strangeness and Charm

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

The Sun Daughter only chortled, vermillion eyes glittering in mischief.

“You aren’t missing much, big guy,” she stated teasingly, meaning the Tinea Swamp, but she also found the choice of words somewhat humorous due to the fact that she stood a full head taller than Ulric. In regards to the swamp, however… It just wasn’t for her, yet try as she might, she seemed to be the only insane soul willing to patrol it. They needed to get more of the Ilati to patrol their own sodden terrain, but Israfel hadn’t yet seen one member doing such a thing. Then again, she really hadn’t met many Ilati… “One of these days I’m probably going to drown in quicksand or something.”

Did the Tinea Swamp even have quicksand? She didn’t know. Ah, well. Hopefully she wouldn’t ever find out. “But, if I don’t die of quicksand before then, hit me up whenever you come. I’ll give you the grand tour, swamp and all.”

A pale ear stayed locked in Ulric’s direction as the blue roan went about explaining his own backstory. It was a familiar tale, and one that she was accustomed to hearing; a stranger finding a new land, settling down, and building a new life for themselves. She understood. After all, Israfel had experienced that very thing, herself. The ivory shield-maiden held her tongue as she listened, however, not wanting to appear rude to someone who had been nothing but kind and patient with her. It wasn’t like Ulric had asked her to sidle up next to him and thrust her company in his face.

Adorath… She had never heard of the village before. What was it like? All she had known had been Helovia, the nothingness of death, and now her life in Novus. She wondered more about his history and this quaint little village, but before she could even ask, another Dawn Court warrior was approaching. Israfel watched him with a cursory frown upon rosy-tinted lips, wondering what he wanted, but to her surprise the other guard had simply come to relieve the Warden from his post.

A sly grin crossed the ivory woman’s lips then, stealing away her previously thoughtful frown, and she nodded. “That’s the best suggestion I’ve heard all day, big guy,” Israfel stated with a grin, letting herself step forward and move past him with a teasing flick of a tail in his direction as she passed him by, “I could use a drink first, though. Care to indulge in one with me?”

They were strangers and barely knew one another, and yet… He felt familiar. There was something about him, be it the way that he held himself or the look in his handsome, golden eyes, that called to her, and Israfel found herself inexplicably drawn.

@Ulric

space

Isra’s exit post. :D

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
Strangeness and Charm - by Ulric - 05-05-2018, 03:04 AM
RE: Strangeness and Charm - by Israfel - 05-13-2018, 07:54 AM
RE: Strangeness and Charm - by Ulric - 05-18-2018, 12:27 AM
RE: Strangeness and Charm - by Israfel - 05-24-2018, 11:55 PM
RE: Strangeness and Charm - by Ulric - 05-28-2018, 01:28 AM
RE: Strangeness and Charm - by Israfel - 06-09-2018, 07:42 AM
RE: Strangeness and Charm - by Ulric - 06-18-2018, 07:52 AM