Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - The Bridegroom

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

"Oh, but my tongue is a weapon."
The Dawn King’s gaze remained warm as he regarded the genuine and eager-hearted youth presented in front of him. Even Alba seemed far more at ease than she had been only moments ago, continuing as she was with her evening bath. Then again, if the barn owl had retained her rather lackluster and positively sour attitude, Somnus would have sent her away. There was no need to treat guests with such dispassionate hostility, especially those who were simply looking for a place to rest their weary heads.

“Please, Jericho; just call me Somnus, hm?” He was a Sovereign only in title, but that was not who he was. Surely this young stallion, so virile and eager to see the many wonders hidden among the world, could understand that at the end of the day, a man was only as good as his name?

It seemed that the said youth seemed more comfortable with him, as well, for Jericho soon came to stand close to his side. The golden tactician turned on his haunches almost leisurely, clearly in no rush, and with a flick of an ivory tail he was heading in the other direction with an ambling pace. There wasn’t a reason to hurry, after all, and it was a lovely evening. It was best to get as much fresh air as they could before winter swooped in and froze land, water, and air.

“Your words are kind, friend. Delumine is one of the oldest provinces in Novus, but every Court holds their fair share of unique beauty. It would be wise to see them all, after you are rested and recovered… And, of course, I would suggest to wait until the winter has passed.” Yet it was somewhat an ironic thing for him to say, for Somnus had yet to see the Denocte Capitol for himself. Regrettably, of course, for the trek to Denocte was a long and arduous one, the Arma Mountains cruel and unforgiving at the best of times, and not one that he could so easily take after becoming Sovereign of his home.

Outstretching his wing opposite as to where Jericho was following, Somnus motioned across the courtyard. Even in the cool evening air of autumn, Ipomoea’s blessing and gardening skills showed themselves with grandeur; the shrubs and flowers were still in bloom, dotting the cobblestone. Rich green ivy scaled the ancient walls of the courtyard, as well as the weathered mortar walls of the Citadel that crested upwards and upwards. “This is our garden and our courtyard where many of our citizens gather and spend their days. Ipomoea, Dawn’s Regent, tends to spend most of his time out here tending to the flowers. I’m certain that you will meet him in time. He’s a lovely fellow, about your age.” Or so he would assume, for he truly had no idea how old the young stag at his side even was. Somnus, however, knew better than to discredit an individual based on their number of years spent walking this earth. “Our warriors train just outside the courtyard walls under the supervision of our Warden, Ulric. Like Po, I’m certain that you will encounter him soon enough.”

Their leisurely pace continued, the sounds of their hooves scraping against the stone ground echoing almost peacefully through the silent evening. “You are free to reset wherever you would like. Some find solace in the woods of the Viride Forest. Others enjoy the tranquility of the Rapax River. I myself enjoy resting in the Citadel itself; there’s plenty of rooms available if you would like to claim one for yourself, and the walls are hardy against the cold winds.”

Realizing that he had been droning on to the point of rambling, Somnus paused, casting a sheepish look in Jericho’s direction. “Apologies, friend. I didn’t mean to ramble. Do you have any questions thus far?”

tag: @Jericho

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
The Bridegroom - by Jericho - 06-04-2018, 03:17 AM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Somnus - 06-08-2018, 10:30 AM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Jericho - 06-14-2018, 01:42 AM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Somnus - 06-15-2018, 04:31 AM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Jericho - 06-17-2018, 08:45 PM
RE: The Bridegroom - by Somnus - 06-27-2018, 06:23 AM