Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fight: Judged  - i am no void

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 73 — Threads: 1
Signos: 25,195
Owner Administrator

BEXLEY vs AION

@Bexley - Total: 64/100
OFFENSIVE: Creativity 22/30, Realism: 15/25
DEFENSIVE: Creativity 9/15, Realism 8/15
WRITING: Creativity 4/5, Realism 3/5, Mechanics 3/5
BEGINNING STATS: 21 Health, 19 Attack, 27 Experience

Creativity: originality, imagination, and attention to detail.
Realism: mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your health and attack
Overall writing: creativity, realism, and writing mechanics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc.) 

• FIRST POST (intro)
    • I really like how you worked the Summit retreat into the intro of this thread, which was very fitting with the Steppe's location to Veneror! It also lends well, as Bex had a lot of anger from that thread and those interactions.
  • SECOND POST
    • Defensive: I enjoyed seeing you write in Aion's magic so seriously, with her nearly getting trapped in the freezing mud. However, Aion did go to Bexley's right and she leaned to her left. That means when he actually shoulder-checked her, she'd be more likely to fall in lieu of the opposite - leaning right and into his check would have been a more viable option.
    • Offensive: The bite took good advantage of a weakspot that Aion opened up!
    • Mechanics: The only issue with mechanics and realism here was which way she leaned - otherwise, very well played out!
  • THIRD POST
    • Defensive: While not a "full on" block, it was an interesting way to divert the site of Aion's attack to a different location. I was a little conflicted on whether rearing would be a wise move, given the circumstances.. with Aion rushing at her, teeth bared, rearing would open up a potential weak spot. Should Aion charge forward in lieu of stopping (like he did), there's a sold chance he would have knocked Bexley right off her feet. While that didn't happen (since Aion skidded to a stop in an attempt to get out from under her), still a risky move!
    • Offensive: I do like how your defensive and offensive played very well off of each other. While I was still hesitant about the rearing being a wise maneauver or not, it did give Bexley a good advantage in the placement of her hooves in relation to Aion. Attacks on neck/spine are a good power move and have a great potential for damage, so I approve!
    • Mechanics: Other than the slight issue with the riskiness of rearing, I thought this post played out well.

@Aion - Total: 78/100
OFFENSIVE: Creativity 25/30, Realism: 23/25
DEFENSIVE: Creativity 10/15, Realism 11/15
WRITING: Creativity 3/5, Realism 3/5, Mechanics 3/5
BEGINNING STATS: 10 Health, 10 Attack, 16 Experience

Creativity: originality, imagination, and attention to detail.
Realism: mechanics and whether you accurately reflect your health and attack
Overall writing: creativity, realism, and writing mechanics (spelling, grammar, punctuation, run-on sentences, etc.) 

• FIRST POST
    • Offensive: I thought it was an interesting and good move, Aion switching leads to shoulder check instead of barrel into her. Granted... barreling into her wouldn't have been a bad choice, either. The subtle use of his magic - and despite being subtle, starting to freeze the mud was quite effective!
    • Mechanics: I thought that you described the lead change and his magic quite well! I had no questions at all when reading, and everything was explained well.
  • SECOND POST
    • Defensive: While Aion did not at all block Bexley's hip-bite, I really did love the mention of how he dropped his haunches to pull away from her bite after it landed! That was a very nice little added detail.
    • Offensive: Channel that rage, girlfrand. Although for real, I really enjoyed reading how Aion fed off of the anger at Bexley daring to touch him biting his bum. I didn't expect him to see her scar and turn away from biting at her head (Aion doesn't exactly come off as caring, but hey, featherbutt does seem to value his own looks... so..).
    • Mechanics: This was one of my favorite posts from you and Aion! It shows a lot of duality and impulsiveness in his nature, and it was a very nice read from start to finish.
  • THIRD POST
    • Defensive: Oh, if only Aion had one more attack left! I think it would have been a very good option to slam into Bexley when she reared up (would probably knock her over fairly easily), but alas... no more attacks. In all seriousness, I thought his sudden panic and scramble to get away was a very nice touch. His last second lunge to the side prevented a potentially serious injury.
    • Mechanics: I really imagined him having one of those dramatic sliding stops... actually it was probably more like this, but semantics!
    • Notes: Overall, I was wondering how you were going to end the thread with Aion being so rage-filled in the prior post... it can be pretty hard to "bring a character down" from such intense adrenaline, but the sudden panic of Bexley potentially coming down on his spine was that sharp "slap back to reality" and "sobering up" moment. Nice touch!

CLOSING REMARKS: Very well fought battle between both opponents!

the novus crew

the someday crew

Messages In This Thread
i am no void - by Bexley - 06-10-2018, 12:46 AM
RE: i am no void - by Aion - 06-17-2018, 01:17 PM
RE: i am no void - by Bexley - 06-18-2018, 04:34 PM
RE: i am no void - by Aion - 06-21-2018, 09:28 PM
RE: i am no void - by Bexley - 06-22-2018, 03:01 PM
RE: i am no void - by Aion - 06-26-2018, 07:33 PM
RE: i am no void - by inkbone - 08-05-2018, 02:36 AM
RE: i am no void - by inkbone - 08-05-2018, 02:38 AM