Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - thoughts & prayers

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

Israfel

He turned, and revealed a face full of scars. Oh, but the stories that she was certain they would tell. Israfel had been a warrior and a Warden long enough to know battle, to know the signs, to see the signs when presented so blatantly in front of her, and this massive fellow was no exception. Despite the trophies from times surely long past, Israfel held her tongue and simply returned his careful scrutiny.

Vermilion eyes narrowed and her chin lifted, arching a delicate brow. Gilded feathers upon powerful wings spread, fanning outward, her posture instinctively straightening into one befitting her rank. “Miss?” She questioned then, an ear tipping forward as a wolfish grin crossed her rose-kissed lips. Clearly he was just being polite, but it had been a very long time since she was called miss. “Please. My mother was ‘miss’.” Yet she gave no indication as to what else he could call her, and that was fine, for at the moment she had no desire to ask him his name. That could wait. One could learn so much more from somebody else before they knew their name.

Growing bored with her lazy gliding, Solaris turned and took up roost upon Israfel’s ivory croup. Wings spread, the massive Phoenix landed, head tilting quizzically towards the unidentified man. ’Tell him he is polite. I appreciate his compliment.’ Unbidden, Israfel’s wolfish grin only grew and she chuckled, a breathy, sensual sound. “My companion here thanks you for the compliment. She’s a bit conceited, but.” One slender ivory shoulder rolled in an equine equivalent of a shrug. “I love her all the same.” In response, Solaris’ feathers ruffled in mild annoyance, but Israfel paid her no mind. Clearly this fellow was of no immediate threat, and that helped to put the Sun Daughter at ease.

Head twisting in remark to the sun, the shield-maiden hummed softly beneath her breath. She turned so that she faced the ocean, but was cautious that the churning waves which crashed lazily upon the beach did not caress or touch her golden hooves. Water was good to drink and beautiful to admire from afar, but with the recent unrelenting storms of Terrastella, the landslides, and the flooding? She’d had quite enough, thank you very much.

“You could say that. I needed to get away for a bit and enjoy the fresh air. I rarely see others on my morning patrols, and I can’t say I’ve seen you around here before… Are you new to the area?” In the back of her mind, Israfel worried that this brute of a man, respectful and eloquent as he seemed to be, would be a citizen of Denocte. She hoped not, because Israfel didn’t know how she would deal with a member of Night Court at the moment.

They weren’t bad, she knew, but… Ah, well. Fuck it. Now wasn’t the time to worry about it. Clearing her throat, the Daughter of the Sun let her eyes wander, staring unabashedly up at the rising sun and breathing in the morning, salty air. “Few views can compare to this. Now, the sunrise from the top of Veneror Peak? To die for.”

x - x

@Avilius

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
thoughts & prayers - by Avilius - 11-29-2018, 04:58 AM
RE: thoughts & prayers - by Israfel - 12-10-2018, 07:08 PM
RE: thoughts & prayers - by Avilius - 12-11-2018, 09:19 AM
RE: thoughts & prayers - by Israfel - 12-11-2018, 08:07 PM