Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - With Fingernails that Shine like Justice

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

Israfel

Israfel arched a pale brow and gave Ulric a look. “Yeah, creepy. I don’t know, he hasn’t ever done anything unwarranted, but sometimes he’s just so damn unsettling. Atreus. Apparently he’s King Somnus’ brother.” Which had been a somewhat startling revelation, and there had definitely been some bad blood boiling between the two of them. Still, once again, it wasn’t her problem. Hopefully Asterion wouldn’t have a problem with that should the sovereign of Terrastella discover it.

Letting the topic drop because honestly, it wasn’t important at the time being, Israfel hummed as they continued along on patrol, leaving the citadel gradually behind them. Above them, Solaris soared lazily in the sky, keeping an eye out with her keen gaze as the two gossiped and caught up. For the time being Israfel was grateful for the distance, as right now all she wanted was to engage Ulric in conversation and get to know him just a little bit more.

As he spoke, she listened, an ivory ear twisted in his direction. There was a flicker of something twisting in her gut when he admitted that there was no in his life or warming his bed, a trace of satisfaction and pleasure. How coincidental. Being married to one’s line of work was a sentiment that she could understand, but it was by no means unwanted. The Sun Daughter quite enjoyed her job as Warden of Terrastella. It was definitely more responsibility than anything she carried while alive in Helovia, but it was a good distraction from the more pressing things in life.

Offering Ulric a coy little grin, the gilded woman shrugged a slender, alabaster shoulder, letting the down of golden-marked feathers brush against the roan’s own wing. “How unfortunate for the other ladies, but how lucky for me.” Maybe she was laying it on a bit thick, but there was no way in hell she would let something as trivial as insecurity stop her. Israfel had died before, combusting in a pillar of flames. There was no way she would hold back in this new life, grasped by an altered sort of cocksure confidence. Maybe it was closer to arrogance, but… Ah. Semantics.

“There’s no one waiting for me back in Terrastella, and I like it that way. I’m a bit of a free spirit. Other than my duties as Warden, I enjoy the freedom that my position gives me. When we aren’t all drowning in floodwater, of course.” That same little playful grin grew into a full smile, the shield maiden’s vermilion eyes sparking in the morning light as her gaze remained rooted upon Ulric. The smile, however, faded as she moved on. “… Did Delumine lose anyone in the fires? Asterion had us bring seeds to help replant the vegetation in the area, and I saw the forest on our way in. I wish I could’ve been here to help, but duty called back home.”

But honestly, Israfel would have much rather fought wildfires than floods and large holes opening up in the earth. Fucking Vespera…
x - x

@Ulric face

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Fingernails that Shine like Justice - by Israfel - 02-04-2019, 10:26 PM