Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - With Fingernails that Shine like Justice

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

Israfel

’You think you stand a chance?’ Oh, boy.

Israfel’s responding grin was positively lethal. Her eyes glittered like smoldering embers in the early sunlight, staring unabashedly at the blue roan Warden with saccharine interest. “I make my own chances, Ulric.” Sing-song and sensual, the Sun Daughter did not even try to hide the blatant intrigue that clung to her every word. This almost felt like a game, and she was very keen on winning. A furtive glance and she was gone, traipsing across these lands with a profound confidence and graceful cadence, gilded hooves guiding her along the path that was well-worn from continuous use.

Staying in step with Ulric, a pale ear tipped in his direction as the conversation switched from flirtatious and lucrative to a tone far more somber. Her smile gradually faded, concern igniting in her eyes as a thoughtful, troubled frown pulled at her rose-kissed lips. It was all too easy to be swallowed by fire and burned alive, where nothing was left save ash and soot. She understood. While not particularly fond of the ideology of Novus, perhaps someone or something had been watching out for the souls of Delumine during the fury of the fires.

Despite that, it made it no easier to listen to. The denizens of the Dawn Court were the peaceful kind. It always hurt more when the individuals who suffered truly didn’t deserve it. This was no different. Letting out a long, measured breath, Israfel slowly dipped her head in a nod. Her frown remained but her gaze focused back on the path ahead, picking her steps carefully as she and Ulric continued along the dusty trail. The citadel gradually grew smaller until it disappeared, their patrol taking them further from the capitol.

“I’m glad that you’re all okay. Fire is no joke.” At least plants could grow again and be replaced. Lives could not. With Ulric’s mention of Asterion, the Sun Daughter hummed softly beneath her breath and gave a short nod. “I’ll tell him whenever I go home.” Whenever that might be. Israfel was quite enjoying this little break away from the Dusk Court. Despite how much she was fond of her home in Terrastella and the little niche she had made for herself, after spending so long there in torrential rain, dangerous flooding, and spontaneous sinkholes was enough to desperately need a vacation.

Arching a brow, the Warden of Terrastella gave Ulric a sidelong glance once he turned his question on her home. The gilded woman took a moment to mull over a suitable answer before offering a shrug of a slender shoulder. “Weeks, really. We still have a number of individuals unaccounted for, but last I knew the Halcyon Unit was relentlessly searching for survivors. A lot of citizens lost their homes and most of our resources were swept away, but the capitol still stands.” That was some victory, however pyrrhic it seemed. “Everyone took shelter in Denocte until the rains finally stopped. I stayed in Terrastella, though. I didn’t want to leave anyone that still needed help but couldn’t get out.”

Maybe it was idiotic of her. Maybe it was obligation. Maybe it was due to a goodness in her heart that she struggled to truly understand. Regardless, she had done a good thing in staying behind and Asterion had commended her for it. The praise had felt strange. Foreign. Yet it was nice to be recognized for efforts that ran beyond the normal expectations that fell on her shoulders.

Remaining in step with Ulric, Israfel ducked towards him to avoid a rather low hanging tree branch, allowing the etched feathers of her wing to brush against his own. When they emerged on the other side, she didn’t bother to put distance back between them, almost curious as to what he would do. Would he move away? Would he remain so that they would bump against one another with every step?

“We’ll rebuild. That’s all that matters, right? And in the end it’ll make us stronger. Or some shit like that, I don’t really know.” Once more that rueful sort of grin lit up the shield-maiden’s face, vermilion eyes glinting mischievously. “I just fight whatever Asterion tells me to fight and hit on studs who I think are pretty good looking.” She followed the flirt up with a wink and a low, breathy chuckle. Picking up the pace a little to pull a head, she flicked her tail towards the blue roan in hopes of buffeting his chest, red petals from the lilies in her tail slowly falling to the earth.

“Well… If you ever need a distraction, Ulric, I can offer you a good time.” It was a loaded offer, and Israfel knew that Ulric was smart enough to understand what wasn’t being said.

x - x

@Ulric butt <3 Maybe end here? xD

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
RE: With Fingernails that Shine like Justice - by Israfel - 03-19-2019, 08:05 PM