Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - treading gentle streams like rapids

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

In the distance there was a flash of rainbow colors as the individual disappeared into the water, surely long gone even as Somnus tossed the waterlogged ivory hair from his eyes. He stared, verdant eyes narrowed as he attempted to peer into the murky depths, and then let out a long, defeated sigh. They were long gone but maybe that was for the best, so that whoever it was wouldn’t see him in such disarray. Somnus could only imagine the sound of Eulalie’s laughter at his plight.

“Bloody hell…” Even as he attempted to dry off, shaking the water from his coat and using what limited telekinesis he had to wring the water from his mane and tail, the Dawn King was so caught up in the tumultuous task of trying to clean himself up and once more look presentable that he had been unaware of his stealthy onlooker. The sudden voice, soft, hesitant, and feminine, caught his attention and he halted, ears springing forward as his head twisted back towards the Rapax River.

There, barely peeking out from beneath the water, was the curious individual from before. In this sparse distance between them it was far easier to make out her finer details; luxurious locks of every color sprung from her neck, cascading like a liquid rainbow behind her as her forelock, damp and sodden, hung about her pretty face that stuck out from the water. Her eyes, vivid pools of the brightest teal, stared up at him with seemingly an identical curiosity that he was feeling towards her.

For a moment the dunalino was at a loss for words, before he promptly remembered his manners and attempted to save what was left of his dignity. “Ah, well… I’m quite alright, thank you; I fear the only thing wounded is my pride.” A sheepish grin overtook the Dawn King’s dark lips, and Somnus cleared his throat once again, dipping his head in what would have been a chivalrous sort of way if not for the waterlogged tresses of ivory that hung in a pathetic veil about him.

“My apologies, miss, if I alarmed you, as that was not my intention. I was taken aback by your vibrant colors and I fear that I was quite the uncoordinated git and tripped into the river.” It was hardly the way he would want to make first impressions or greetings, his perfectionists mind already yelling terrible things at his foolishness, but there was no changing the past. All he could do now was try and salvage what he could of a potentially poor situation. “I am clearly far less graceful in the water than you, my dear.”

"Speaking."
credits

@Odessa <3

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
treading gentle streams like rapids - by Odessa - 01-06-2019, 05:06 AM
RE: treading gentle streams like rapids - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 04:24 AM