Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - Opening the Gates

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

No man was ever wise by chance.
’All of them.’

Well, what a positively enigmatic answer to someone who never showed interest in such things before. Somnus arched a brow but did not pull the smile from his lips, remaining steadfast and polite. Sloane had always been a bit mysterious and off-putting, but he had never had a reason to outright distrust her, even though she tended to lurk in the shadows, remaining lucrative in her dealings and intentions. Acclimated to the inner workings of court-life as he was, however, the dark woman’s actions and attitude were nothing new.

He had dealt with far worse when he had been two years old and new to Vhallen. He learned well how to read the silent words emitted by others; body language was exactly that, a language, and he was very literate in each tell-tale sign. Sloane was letting off far more than she realized, with her crooked grin and the occasional glances at Alba.

“Interesting.” The statement was said with that same cordial tone, but the look in his eyes shifted into something far more knowing and he did not even bother to attempt to conceal it. Keeping that little grin fashioned on dark lips, the dunalino took a moment to stretch out his spine, satisfied at the cracks and pops that emanated, and then straightened with a shift of wings. “I can assure you that it’s no trouble at all. I know this place quite intimately. Come along, please.”

There was a brief glance upwards from verdant eyes and he smiled up to where his bonded had perched. Keep an eye on her, my dear, if you would be so kind. Quick and to the point, and the satisfaction that radiated from the barn owl was immense. Her answer was immediate.

’Oh, I will.’

In a graceful swoop, Alba spread out her wings and glided down from her afternoon roost in the low branch of the vegetative canopy to perch instead upon Somnus’ croup. Her beady black eyes remained fixated on Sloane, determined to miss no detail. As they left the studying quarters, Somnus attempted to strike up a bit of amicable conversation, emerald eyes darting Sloane’s way as he began to guide her through the familiar twists and turns of the library and towards the wing dedicated to Delumine’s most richest tomes and scrolls.

“My apologies for being so busy as of late to not give you the warmest welcome into Delumine, but your acts within the Dawn Court have gone noticed, I can assure you. I hope that you have found some semblance of a home here. It is a pity that it has taken up until this point for us to have a true conversation, wouldn’t you say?”

tag: @Sloane

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
Opening the Gates - by Somnus - 01-10-2019, 01:10 AM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Sloane - 02-04-2019, 08:21 AM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 09:01 PM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Sloane - 02-08-2019, 05:35 PM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Somnus - 02-18-2019, 02:14 AM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Sloane - 02-18-2019, 06:34 PM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Somnus - 02-19-2019, 09:50 PM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Sloane - 02-24-2019, 07:19 PM
RE: Opening the Gates - by Somnus - 02-25-2019, 08:25 PM