Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - flower through disarray

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Even though he didn’t speak, Somnus was grateful for the lingering, uninterrupted silence as they wandered aimlessly through the halls of the citadel. It gave him some much needed time to collect his thoughts, to calm his racing heart and the strange, burning sensation that seemed to thrum in his veins in time with his pulse. Eulalie stayed at his side the entire way, not speaking, not judging, just staying at his side, determined in that beautiful, steadfast way of hers to remain ever at his side, even when he was being a bloody git.

Inevitably, they did return to their chambers, checking momentarily on the resting Regis before leaving him in peace with their respective bondeds. Only when they were in the privacy of their own chamber did Somnus turn to face Eulalie, letting his troubled gaze of emerald meet her level brown. Then, her voice filled the previously uninterrupted silence between them, a single word that was far heavier than any mantle.

’Brother?’

He inhaled sharply, not about to disrespect her by altering his stare. Eulalie deserved the honest truth; he owed her so much more than that alone.

“Indeed,” he murmured wretchedly, letting out a long, deep breath as his shoulders, heavy as they were from the strain of the day, drooped a little, “We share the same father. We’re half-siblings.” But he knew that such an explanation wasn’t what Eulalie was pressing for. Why the hostility? Why the distrust? There was so much that had happened between he and Atreus, where could he even hope to start?

Pausing, the dunalino finally averted his gaze. He sighed again, wondering why words were failing him now when he was typically so silver tongued. “My apologies that I never told you about him. Quite honestly, Eulalie, I thought him dead. We haven’t always been on the best standing.” Yet that still did not explain the deep distrust between them. Somnus knew he had acted like a fool during that little display, but he didn’t entirely regret it. Not yet, at least.

“I promise you that I’ll tell you all that I can, darling, but I fear that it is a long and emotionally draining venture. You deserve to know, so I will readily tell you… I just wish to prepare you, if you would like to hear it all.”

@Eulalie

"Speaking."
credits

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 01-12-2019, 11:05 AM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 03:45 AM
RE: flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 02-09-2019, 12:09 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 02-17-2019, 11:52 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 03-09-2019, 10:46 AM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 03-11-2019, 07:19 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Eulalie - 03-11-2019, 08:44 PM
RE: flower through disarray - by Somnus - 03-11-2019, 09:27 PM