Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Forever in Never Never Land

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Quite honestly, he had just been minding himself for the duration of his walk and had not been expecting to accompany anyone else. It seemed like he was spending more and more time at the Rapax River, either strolling along alone or with his family at his side, but that particular visit Somnus found himself walking along the shoreline on his own. The silence was nice, while it lasted, for it enabled him to collect his wayward thoughts and let the stresses of the day slide from his winged shoulders. Alba, beautiful, blessed Alba, was in his company today. The barn owl had chosen to accompany her bonded instead of remaining back at the citadel with Regis, knowing that the young Dawn Prince would be quite alright with Eulalie, Tabbris, and the mischievous little Milo keeping an eye on him.

With Alba roosting upon the Dawn King’s croup, Somnus had picked his own leisurely path, letting the summer sun warm his back. It was peaceful, the sound of the rushing river soothing to his ears and helping ebb the stress of everything away… Still, the last thing he could have expected was to be accosted by what appeared to be a familiar face popping out from the depths of a small cave to proclaim him a pirate. Wait; a pirate?

“What in Oriens’ name?” Somnus questioned to himself, verdant eyes widening a bit in surprise as he balked in his steps. Alba, disturbed from her lazy nap, let out a very undignified scree! at the colt that accosted them, her wings flapping with the occasional pop! as she clacked her beak at him. The barn owl did not move, however, and dug her talons deeper into Somnus’ hide. He ignored it, far used to her ways by now, and instead focused his attention on the pale youth standing just out of complete sight.

“I beg your pardon? No, I cannot say that I am a pirate… Come to think of it, I’ve never met a pirate before. At least, not any that sail the tides of the Rapax River.” Which would be quite the comical scenario indeed, considering the general shallowness of the river… Hardly anyone could steer a vessel in such precarious depths without risk of breeching their hull.

Arching a brow further at the stranger, something scratched at the back of Somnus’ brain, some form of recognition. Interesting. “My name is Somnus. I apologize if I bothered you… I was unaware anyone was living in caves along the river bank. Do you need-“ But then, he paused, finally recognizing the pale-haired youth. Lips quirking downwards in a frown, he dared a step closer, golden ears twisting forward as verdant eyes narrowed in concern and disbelief. Pan? Is that you?”

"Speaking."
credits

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 01-19-2019, 01:52 PM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 04:46 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 02-04-2019, 06:49 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 07:51 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 02-04-2019, 09:16 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 08:35 PM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 02-09-2019, 05:19 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-19-2019, 10:40 PM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 02-21-2019, 02:27 PM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-21-2019, 08:14 PM