Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Forever in Never Never Land

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Password?

What in the world was he going on about? A password? How did one hold a password to an open mouthed cave? It seemed, however, that he wouldn’t get a chance to even attempt a guess, as soon enough Pan’s attention had been stolen by the pale-faced and terribly grumpy Alba. The pale youth’s earnest and open inquiries caused Somnus’ posture to relax, because at that moment it was almost as if he were engaging his own son in conversation. Regis was a lot like Pan; inquisitive and innocent, fueled by a youthful desire to learn and understand all while enjoying life to its fullest. It was a blessing to be such a way, and Somnus hoped that his son wouldn’t be in too much of a hurry to grow up.

Giving a small little grin, the dunalino nodded. “Indeed she is. Her name is Alba. Alba? Say hello, please, and mind your manners.” After all, it wasn’t Pan’s fault that Alba was a pathological grump whenever her afternoon naps were disrupted. Even if the barn owl was nocturnal. That was beside the point. The moodiness, however, was quick to fade at Pan’s earnest compliment, the softly spoken praise causing the barn owl’s ivory and tawny feathers to fluff up in pride. Oh, goodness.

Waddling forward and up Somnus’ spine to rest between his wings and at a better vantage point to examine the youth, Alba let out another few curious pop, pop, pops! with her beak, these ones far more innocent than her previous act of ire. She nosily watched with beady black eyes as Pan reached into his satchel of collected goodies and procured a mouse skull, which she reached out and snatched with her beak almost instantly. Somnus couldn’t help but roll his eyes, but the small grin on his dark lips belied any genuine annoyance at his bonded’s peculiar behavior.

Turning his head to focus on Pan, the stallion gave another nod. “We do, although it has been some time, I’m afraid. I will admit that I was worried when you disappeared. We met, oh… A year and a half ago? Perhaps even two years?” He frowned, troubled and quizzical. Goodness. Kasil had still been sovereign of Dawn Court then, and he had been a dutiful scholar. “May I ask where you have been, or if you’ve been well? You appear unharmed… But many of us worried for you, Pan.”

"Speaking."
credits

@Pan – I think Alba is smitten with Pan already. xD

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 01-19-2019, 01:52 PM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 04:46 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 02-04-2019, 06:49 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 07:51 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 02-04-2019, 09:16 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 08:35 PM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 02-09-2019, 05:19 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-19-2019, 10:40 PM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 02-21-2019, 02:27 PM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-21-2019, 08:14 PM