Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - Forever in Never Never Land

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus’ expression was sympathetic as he regarded the young boy. “Sometimes our heart remembers things that our mind cannot,” he murmured softly, hoping to encourage Pan as to not have the boy be disheartened by his apparent memory loss. What could have been the reason as to why he could not remember his life here within Delumine? How very curious that must be, not to mention frightening. Pan was certainly brave, facing this uncertainty headlong as he was.

Giving the boy a moment to ponder his inquiry, Somnus’ smile grew far warmer as the emerald-scaled boy agreed to let him step inside the cave, turning with a flick of an alabaster tail to lead the dunalino after him. Stepping inside the cave, Somnus dipped his head and kept his wings pulled taut against his sides, not wishing to bump into anything or knock anything over. How rude a guest he would be should such a thing occur! Curiously his eyes roamed the various items stashed away, a child’s chest of marvelous treasures unveiled for him to see. Shells of different sizes, shapes, and colors were collected meticulously upon a shelf, and nearby he saw bones, feathers, fun-shaped rocks of interesting color. Various plants were stashed away, as well, some fresh, others dried

“Wow,” he breathed out, quite clearly taken aback by such a vast collection hoarded away beneath Delumine’s very nose, “This is quite an impressive collection of things, Pan. I think my son would enjoy seeing them, should that be alright with you. He’s barely a yearling but enjoys curious trinkets.” Of course, he wouldn’t want Regis to come in here without Pan’s permission. These were, by right, his items, and this was also his home.

Walking throughout the small, quaint cave, Somnus continued to peruse the items collected and displayed almost lovingly. Clearly Pan had a great deal of pride in his collection, and rightfully so. It was lovely. Satisfied with a once over, he turned to face his gracious host just in time to hear his timid inquiry. The tone, and topic, melted the Dawn King’s heart.

“Of course you can stay, Pan. No one will mind, least of all the gods. Someone needs to stay here and maintain this marvelous collection, wouldn’t you say?” Another quirk of a grin crossed upon dark lips, and but he was quick to sober. Ears forward, the stallion listened, but then shook his head. It seemed wrong to take a coin from the boy who simply wanted to keep his home. “Keep it. It seems far more at home here with your collection than if I were to take it.” Then, with a quick glance to the mouth of the cave and the churning river nearby, he went on. “Indeed there are. It took me some time of searching and hoping, but I managed to see a number of them once. They are quite elusive little things, but very beautiful. If you stay here I’m positive that you will see a pod of them.”

Turning his head back to face the boy, Somnus went on. “Now, if anyone gives you hassle about staying here, you just point them to me, very well? I’ll set them straight, I promise.”

"Speaking."
credits

@Pan <3 I just adore him, and so does Somnus

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 01-19-2019, 01:52 PM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 04:46 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 02-04-2019, 06:49 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 07:51 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 02-04-2019, 09:16 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 08:35 PM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 02-09-2019, 05:19 AM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-19-2019, 10:40 PM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Pan - 02-21-2019, 02:27 PM
RE: Forever in Never Never Land - by Somnus - 02-21-2019, 08:14 PM