Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Private  - moon, moon, moon

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline inkbone [PM] Posts: 3 — Threads: 1
Signos: 0
Dawn Court Apothecary
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  13 [Year 498 Spring]  |  10.2 hh  |  Hth: 9 — Atk: 11 — Exp: 20  |    Active Magic: Siren's Song  |    Bonded: Kai (Sea Newt)

@mateo <3
The song she sings is Everything is Color!

Thoughts | "Speech" | Kai's nagging
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The moon was a beautiful babe, adrift yet swaddled tightly among the tender clouds. These were some of the most serene nights; the ones where she enjoyed floating atop the salty water, alone with the sea. 

Tonight was no different as she lay on her back, eyes staring up into the deep midnight sky and her belly bathed in moonlight. The Terminus sea - one she knew by no name - and its gentle waves nearly lulled her to sleep, their touch soothing and delicate. For a brief moment, her lids slipped shut. She was alone with her thoughts and the gentle crash of the water.

That was, until she heard the supple coo of a voice. For a few moments, she thought that it was the Mother Ocean singing her a beautiful song... but no, that was not the case. The revelation that this was some stranger's voice had her eyes snap open and her breath catch in her throat, the phantom forcing herself silent in an attempt to register the situation.

So hold me closely, hold me tight... — She swallowed the lump in her throat.

Wrap me in... — Body twisted gracefully quick, and with a quick snap of her fin, she disappeared beneath the waves and the water. The moonlight's cool embrace grasped at her skin even as she disappeared beneath the waves, its tendrils coming up short as the water's cold embrace took its place. 

Even beneath the water's surface, she heard the stranger's sudden silence. It took her a few moments to realize she wasn't breathing, suspension trapping her breath right in her throat. She stared hesitantly at the shadowed figure above the surface of the water along the bank, unsure whether she should recede further into the ocean's depths or if she should resurface. She was certain she'd already been seen...

But their voice called to her, the song ringing in her ears even though the dark figured had long since stopped its melody. 

So slowly, she drifted towards the surface and broke through. Her hair spilled about her face and floated along the surface like a beautiful oil slick, teal doe eyes almost appearing to glow in the moonlight as her gaze met his own. She may not know the words to his song, but she certainly knew the words to one of her own.

Her voice had a haunting lilt that echoed off of the rocky shores. "What if I jump off the edge.." came the coo, voice carrying like an omen across the waves. ".. and I give in to the great unknown?

Through no uncertain terms, Mateo was sure to feel the incessant tug, like a thread was connected to the center of his chest and pulling insistently towards the siren who drifted closer to him. Her song alluring and beautiful.

"I can't find sense in my reasons to stay.."

She drifted to the surface, caught in the melody of her own song. She lay in the water upon her back, moonlight tenderly caressing the iridescence of her stomach once more as the brilliant and vivid caudal fin cut the surface and caught the moonlight alongside her scales. Innocent doe eyes stared into his own chillingly green ones... Just as she was a phantom to the sea, he was a phantom to the sky - all inky tones and midnight hues.

Caught in the haze of her song, she drifted close enough to the shore that he could maybe reach out and touch the slickness of her scales. Close enough - so close - that if he waded out into the shallows, he might just get tangled and enveloped in the rainbow expanse of her hair.

She didn't think she'd mind if he did, either.

bg /stocksnapart/ queerlycoding/ inkbone  

Messages In This Thread
moon, moon, moon - by Mateo - 01-22-2019, 11:08 PM
RE: moon, moon, moon - by Odessa - 02-03-2019, 04:43 AM
RE: moon, moon, moon - by Mateo - 02-17-2019, 04:55 PM