Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - On a Crisp Autumn Morning

Users browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

Somnus knew that he would never grow accustomed to the individuals of this land treating him like royalty. He wasn’t, but it no longer bothered him as much as it once had. The months following his ascension had been difficult as he struggled to understand why Kasil had shouldered him with such a task, but… Somnus was nothing if not loyal, and his King had needed him. Now? Well… Now, he did what he could to keep Kasil’s legacy alive, as well as maybe instill a bit of his own. Yet he would never consider himself royalty, for he was very much just a man.

Infallible. Imperfect. Mortal. Mistakes would be made, but he grasped the determination now to learn from them, as opposed to let them drown him.

As Mesnyi greeted him with a flourish of a polite curtsy, Somnus dipped his obsidian crown to her, a warm, cordial smile spread upon the dunalino’s dark lips. Small talk was easy. It always had been, especially when he had so dutifully served within two kingdoms, now. It was also easy because he found that he genuinely cared what the members of Delumine got up to, or how they were doing. Their plight was now his plight, after all.

“I would be delighted to remedy that shame now,” he began, the clipped, polished tone of his accent carrying on a jovial tone, “But I’m glad, that you’ve been settling. I know that the process can take quite some time, so don’t ever feel discouraged. If you need any assistance, please Mesnyi, never hesitate to let me know, hm?”

Following the lavender woman’s keen gaze upwards to the sky above them, he arched a brow. Lowering his jaw, the Dawn King chuckled warmly, his smile turning into a far more mischievous grin as the topic of a certain barn owl came up. “She’s hunting, I believe. This hour of early morning has always been Alba’s favorite hunting time, and I tend to leave her to it.” That had been one mistake that Somnus had quickly learned from; when hunting, leave Alba to her own devices. He definitely did not want a repeat of that.

Clearing his throat, Somnus motioned forward with his muzzle. “Would you care to join me for a morning stroll about the gardens?”

"Speaking."
credits

@Mesnyi

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 02:42 AM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Mesnyi - 02-20-2019, 10:33 PM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Somnus - 02-21-2019, 08:39 PM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Mesnyi - 03-06-2019, 02:44 PM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Somnus - 03-17-2019, 04:56 AM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Mesnyi - 04-15-2019, 11:22 PM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Somnus - 04-29-2019, 12:43 AM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Mesnyi - 05-15-2019, 01:26 PM