Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

All Welcome  - On a Crisp Autumn Morning

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 196 — Threads: 34
Signos: 25
Dawn Court Scholar
Male [He/Him/His]  |  16 [Year 495 Spring]  |  15.2 hh  |  Hth: 22 — Atk: 18 — Exp: 48  |    Active Magic: Blood Manipulation  |    Bonded: Alba (Barn Owl)

’That would be lovely.’

At her acquiescence, Somnus dipped his head in a nod. He turned, a glisten of gold against dawn’s early breath, and began walking at a leisurely pace along the cobblestone path of the courtyard. He took caution to monitor his pace, careful to not walk too fast or too slow. He was in no hurry. There was no reason to be, not today.

When was the last time that the dunalino had just enjoyed a peaceful stroll through the courtyard gardens? Breathe in the chilled morning air and taste the earth on the wind? For now, duties were cast aside. Perhaps selfishly, he just wanted a little moment of freedom, away from obligations and expectations. Whether or not he would find that here was something that remained to be seen.

A golden ear tipped towards Mesnyi’s direction when the lavender hued maiden spoke. Verdant eyes slid sidelong in her direction, a brow arching elegantly. A somewhat amused smile crossed the stallion’s dark lips, but there was something oddly humble about such an expression. Just as well, there was some sort of inflection to the woman’s tone, something forced, but Somnus felt there to be no reason to bring it to light. It was her own personal business, and he was not one to pry.

“Ah,” the tactician began thoughtfully, glancing away to focus ahead on their immediate surroundings and the path that lay before them, “I am afraid that I do not ’lead’, so much as ’serve’ the individuals who call Delumine home. I am just a man; hardly anything more.”

Eulalie would disagree, he knew, but his beautiful life-mate was not here to chastise him. Later, perhaps, should her knowing, keen ears ever gain word of what was said here today. Somnus already felt himself shudder at the thought of her clipped tongue and merciless, yet breathtaking stare. Gods above, but he was smitten. The Dawn King offers Mesnyi a sheepish little grin.

“Although I do suppose that individuals would say I lead, yes.” Although Somnus wasn’t too keen on seeing it that way. Was he not the ultimate servant of Oriens and the people of Delumine? The burdens of Kingship fell to his shoulders, and Oriens be praised, but the mantle was heavy. It was not his to carry alone, however, not with the Regime and Council at his back, and the citizens to be the foundation. Without all of them, he knew that he would never be strong enough to shoulder the role of King.

Hoping to move the conversation along, the dunalino quickly inquired into Mesnyi’s own fancies. “And what of you, Mesnyi? Be it duty or desire; what calls to you, here?”

"Speaking."
credits

@Mesnyi

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self."

Please tag Somnus in all replies!

Messages In This Thread
On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Somnus - 02-04-2019, 02:42 AM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Mesnyi - 02-20-2019, 10:33 PM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Somnus - 02-21-2019, 08:39 PM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Mesnyi - 03-06-2019, 02:44 PM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Somnus - 03-17-2019, 04:56 AM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Mesnyi - 04-15-2019, 11:22 PM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Somnus - 04-29-2019, 12:43 AM
RE: On a Crisp Autumn Morning - by Mesnyi - 05-15-2019, 01:26 PM