Novus
an equine & cervidae rpg
Hello, Guest!
or Register

Thank you, everyone, for a wonderful 5 years!
Novus closed 10/31/2022, after The Gentle Exodus

Fade to Black  - Singing to me 'Glory'

Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Played by Offline Sparrow [PM] Posts: 137 — Threads: 30
Signos: 1,020
Night Court Sovereign
Female [She/Her/Hers]  |  Immortal [Year 496 Summer]  |  16.1 hh  |  Hth: 32 — Atk: 28 — Exp: 85  |    Active Magic: Pyromancy  |    Bonded: Solaris (Phoenix)

A set of eyes had pinned him
Became his version of a kingdom
She's everything the devil can't be
When she's singing to me, "Glory"

Israfel thought back to everything that she had once had and ultimately lost. Everyone from her previous life; Mesec, Hototo, Roskuld. Her mother, her father, her friends, her home... They were all gone. There wasn’t a single trace of them left, other than her.

She was their legacy. Through her, they would not die. Not really. So long as she lived so would their memory, and Israfel finally understood how very precious such a gift was. It was daunting as fuck, sure, but precious nonetheless.

Around them the silence hung heavy, marred only by the steady trickle of the creek flowing lazily at their side. Occasionally a breeze would filter through and cause the branches to sway, but other than that, it was quiet. Only the sound of their breathing and their soft voices could be heard, and despite how very quiet it was, the Sun Daughter felt as though it was still too loud.

An ear flicked forward at Ulric’s statement. Hope. That was what he searched for after disaster, something to grasp and know without question that there would be better days. Hope. How very saccharine, but so very him. Vermilion eyes lifted and focused, piercing through the veil of evening darkness that lingered between them. Noble. That was Ulric; noble, ambitious, determined, and loyal. So bloody loyal. One did not have to know him for very long to learn that. On top of that, though? He was good. So damn good in a way that Israfel dreamt to be, but knew she would never accomplish. He was far more lawful, and she? Well… A little chaotic.

“Hope.” It was the only thing stronger than fear, he said. The troubled look slid from the Sun Daughter’s face and she let out a long, measured breath, her sides quivering in the cool air. Oh, but she knew well the feeling of fear, of terror. Intimately, almost. If ‘hope’ could be stronger than fear, nothing would ever stop her. When she smiled next, her lips twisted upwards and her gaze still glittering, the expression was a genuine one.

There was little that separated them but cold air, and did not stand a chance against the heat personified that she was. With fire at her fingertips and a body that ran hotter than any other, chill held no dominion here. Israfel’s eyes glittered in a dangerous sort of way as she took the single step between them, one golden hoof drawing them together, allowing herself to press up against him should he not shy away. Judging by how terribly bold he had been only moments before, she didn’t anticipate it. Ivory pressed intimately up against blue, chest to chest, the feathers of her wings beginning to spread and fan. Fluttering pale, long lashes in his direction, her stare hooded yet daring, the gilded woman stretched her muzzle up so that she could whisper in his ear, the velvet of rose-kissed lips brushing against his skin.

“... Show me how to hope.”

If there was anything that she could learn from Ulric, it was this. Let him be the one to teach her.

"Speaking."
credits

@Ulric

Israfel’s FTB exit.

Please Tag Israfel in all Replies!

Messages In This Thread
Singing to me 'Glory' - by Israfel - 03-31-2019, 11:42 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Ulric - 04-08-2019, 05:13 AM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Israfel - 04-15-2019, 09:36 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Ulric - 04-28-2019, 10:38 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Israfel - 05-06-2019, 08:12 PM
RE: Singing to me 'Glory' - by Ulric - 05-13-2019, 01:00 AM